Zips @ OU - Round #2 --> Feb 4th, noon tip-off

6 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Kwan is leading the team at 84% from the line. Antino is next at 80%. Jimond is at 75%. If you take out the one bad game (EMU) they are each a few points higher. Our ability to make free throws at the end of games is big reason why we are on a big winning streak.

We've also made games much closer than they should have been because of our lack of ability to make free throws at the end of games.  It all depends who's shooting them.  

You actually made me look at the FT numbers.  Maybe what surprises me the most is that Noah shoots the technicals.  I guess coach knows best who he can trust to make them in a pinch, because it looks like he's the #4 FT shooter on this team.  

25 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Big Dog regular season FT% is shot at this point. Hopefully he can have a few consecutive good games from the line down the stretch to build confidence. If he can hit 65%-70% of his FT during the postseason, I'll be happy.

I don't expect Big Dog to be Mark Price at the line, but he's better than he's shown.  It is pretty apparent at this point that it is in his head.

9 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I think part of it is conditioning.  On numerous occasions late in the game he seems to always miss short indicating he is tired.

Part of it may be conditioning, though he does seem to generally shoot better at the end of games (sans that Buffalo 1-and-1). Didn't he nail 4 in a row in the EMU game down the stretch?

I'm more in the boat thinking it's in his head.

His foul shooting is an enigma because some of his shots look so effortless (it seems like he either swishes or bricks them). Plus, he had that stretch last year where he was automatic for a 3-4 game stretch ... I think starting with that UC-Santa Barbara game where he was something like 17 for 20. Then he hurt his ankle and wasn't the same and hasn't been able to get back to that level this year. 

I think he just needs one of those games where he goes nuts from the line (like he had last year) and he will be able to carry that momentum over. Tomorrow would be a nice sport for that to happen.

It could be all of these factors to some extent.  But, don't conclude that fatigue affecting FT shooting shows up only at the end of a game.  It could be after a long stint on the floor.  It could also be during a frantic series of runs up-and-down the floor, or shooting right after fighting for several rebounds, etc.  

Beacon: Zips put 12-game winning streak on the line on the road against tough Bobcats

KD & I are of one heart and mind on this issue:

“This city deserves to be proud and, again, because I’m a dual university community member, I want the community to have pride in us and I want to have unbelievable pride in the city,” he said. “For us to get Top 25 votes, that gives us the opportunity to do that. If we can crack the Top 25, this city will really start to have pride. Just like what LeBron did.”

Edited by Blue & Gold

9 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Yes, but you can only log into it if you pay for the premium package that included that Channel at your home.  

Perfect :thumb:

When I was looking quickly, it looked like it only supported a few cable providers which didn't seem right. So thought I'd check to see if anyone here's tried it.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

This is indeed the fact, unfortunately.

Geez.  That sucks.  With most channels, you can log into them if you pay for them.  

It's great that we are getting more games on TV, and that we get better footage, but it's ironic that they are harder to get tuned into for the fans than the old school feeds.