Ball State @ Zips- Tue Feb 7th

clarkwgriswold

3 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

So we moved the game to an inconvenient time to accommodate a regional sports station that I wasn't aware was in existence until now? Sounds about right for Akron. 

If it was a station like STO or Fox Sports Ohio, a station people actually watch, I'd be more accepting.

It's not Akrons call on when or what day game time is, complain to the MAC.

23 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I get the MAC wanting as much exposure as possible, but the game time changes have to make it a little difficult on the member schools and cost them some of their home crowd.

It makes it harder on everyone.  Both my wife and I have had to alter work schedules and appointments for some of this.  It's not easy. 

Speaking of easy..... we've LONG overdue for an easy game.  Let it be this one.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

It makes it harder on everyone.  Both my wife and I have had to alter work schedules and appointments for some of this.  It's not easy. 

I hope the Zips paddle that ass so hard Balls think CG23's back in town.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Exactly my point.  Between the folks who can't later the schedule and those who show up at 7 having not received the word, it has to hurt the gate.   I know I haven't received anything from UA concerning the time change

I heard Joe Dunn on the radio on my way home today.  Apparently, KD wasn't aware of the time change until Joe mentioned it when they were taping their weekly show Sunday!

Yeah, I have a meeting scheduled at work until 5. Hopefully it doesn't go over as I'll have to haul a** as is to make it to Akron, park, and get into my seat before the 6PM tipoff. Unless you work in downtown Akron, I imagine most people that work standard business hours will have similar problems.

Edited by kreed5120

2 hours ago, VAZip said:

It is listed in the watch espn app schedule. I believe that espn 3 is just the online version of what's on the app. But I could be wrong.

I checked the website as well and it shows up on there. Would warn to be aware of potential blackouts though, as it is being broadcasted locally.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Exactly my point.  Between the folks who can't later the schedule and those who show up at 7 having not received the word, it has to hurt the gate.   I know I haven't received anything from UA concerning the time change

I heard Joe Dunn on the radio on my way home today.  Apparently, KD wasn't aware of the time change until Joe mentioned it when they were taping their weekly show Sunday!

There was no time change. It's been a 6 pm game since a time was announced.

Beacon: Zips look to extend home winning streak to 29 Tuesday against Ball State

“I’ve challenged our guys in the last eight regular-season games, the MAC Tournament, the NCAA Tournament that we need to become the best defensive team in the league,” Dambrot said. “It’s how we built the program.”

Dambrot’s plan is to go deeper into his bench. For the most part this season, the veteran coach has played seven in his rotation — well below the nine or 10 players he’s used in past years.

“We’re going to play harder in shorter intervals,” he said.

Edited by Blue & Gold

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Beacon: Zips look to extend home winning streak to 29 Tuesday against Ball State

“I’ve challenged our guys in the last eight regular-season games, the MAC Tournament, the NCAA Tournament that we need to become the best defensive team in the league,” Dambrot said. “It’s how we built the program.”

Dambrot’s plan is to go deeper into his bench. For the most part this season, the veteran coach has played seven in his rotation — well below the nine or 10 players he’s used in past years.

“We’re going to play harder in shorter intervals,” he said.

I like the emphasis on improving the defense.  

But I also wonder, if we are going to use more of our bench to get fresher people (and hopefully more defensive energy), are we going to sacrifice too many points?  

Trust our coach and see what happens.  

I think our depth improves dramatically when Hughes is ready to go more than a few minutes.  Then we just have to hope that Aaron, Poke, Daniel, and Tavian have learned enough and played enough to contribute more.  

Edited by skip-zip