Zips Quiz Akron at EMU

MDZip

Zips at EMU  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Zips
    • Folks way more in the shadow of a P5 school than anyone else in the country
  2. 2. Kwan return to form?

• More than 12 points and more than 7 rebounds
    • More than 12 points but less than 8 rebounds
    • Less than 13 points but more than 7 rebounds
    • Less than 13 points and less than 8 rebounds
  3. 3. First to 2 3 pointers

This poll is closed to new votes

Akron Zips (20-4, 10-1 MAC) at Eastern Michigan (13-11, 5-6 MAC)
Friday, February 10th, 2017 • Ypsilanti, MI

TV/Video: ESPNU

Live Stats: GoZips.com/Schedule - Live Stats 

Radio: Akron-IMG Sports Network - Steve French (PxP) and Joe Dunn (Analyst) WARF 1350 AM (flagship),  iHeart Radio, TuneIn.com/Akron Zips

I like that we're on "real" TV at least for the tradeoff of moving the game. EMU started out really well this year but have really fizzled lately losing their last three in a row. So what do we think on this one?

21 hours ago, MDZip said:

I like that we're on "real" TV at least for the tradeoff of moving the game. 

I think this has some advantage on a Friday night (this year) with no Cavs, and no Columbus. But again, I would love to see the numbers. It used to be easy with Nielsen ratings, but I can't find anything accurate anymore with streaming quickly garnering more and more viewers. Someone has to have numbers to present to advertisers, but I can't find them. I would be interested to see the ASN vs ESPNU numbers this week. 

PS I hate it when Hip Zip picks the opposition, because I respect his opinion. ?

I see the remainder of the season this way:

Games that pose the biggest threat to pick up another loss:

3) @ EMU

2) @ Kent

1) @ Buffalo

Get by this one, and there's only 2 left.  

We only shot 26% from 3-point range the first time around against these guys.  Come on Zips, make this the night we get back on track shooting to ball from long range, and it will be a nice enjoyable ride back from Ypsi.  

We are all winners tonight after that one. Excellent effort on that one. Also excellent effort from GJGood and Z-Pouch who were the only ones to correctly predict the Zips win, Kwan to have more than 12 points and less than 8 rebounds (14 and 6) and Antino to be the first to have two three pointers, but he just barely beat Dan Utomi to it whom no one predicted and I'm sure probably no one would have predicted as the teams leader with 19 points. Nice job! Also I'm guessing no one would have guessed the Zips overall shooting percentage would be exactly the same as the three point percentage (with 18! three pointers) at 52.9%. Until Noah hoisted up that late three the three point percentage was actually better.