Toledo @ Zips, Tuesday 2/14

clarkwgriswold

The Zips host the 13-12 Rockets at the JAR on Valentine's Day.  The Rockets come off of a 78-58 home win over Portage County Community College.  Toledo has a nice trio of scorers with 6-3 senior guard Jonathan Williams (20.3 ppg), 6-9 senior forward Steve Taylor, Jr. (15.7) and  6-4 sophomore guard Jaylen Sanford (14.2).   The Rockets have had some impressive wins, close losses and some perplexing defeats.  

Besides a win, there are certain things I would like to see tonight from the Zips.

I would like to see Utomi have another double figure game.  Give him some extended playing time and see what he does with it.  Would like him to score from the inside.

Defense-  KD indicates that this team is going to play better defense.  Maybe this will be the game our guards will stop the dribble drive penetration off the high screens.  

Kwan-  I think Kwan has gotten away from his inside game.  Would like to see Kwan penetrate and dish or score around the basket.  Do not rely only on the 3 ball.

Poke and the bench.  KD want to play the bench more but indicates we give up offense.  Dunn Martin can penetrate and feed the Poke.  Love watching the dunks!  Need to get solid play from the bench so the starters do not go 30 plus minutes.

Big Dogs buzzer beater on the big screen with Titanic Music 

And yes, a double digit win!  Go Zips!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Game day excitement is reaching a boiling point in Toledo.

And I thought the aging of our board was sad... 

Rock on, Rockets.

screen-shot-2016-03-12-at-11-57-38-pm.pn

That was pretty funny reading their song references. 

But did you have to pick the oldest imaginable picture of the Eagles that you could find?

I had clothes like that.  I'm really feeling old now.  I'm just glad you didn't show the bottoms of their pants.  

Edited by skip-zip

11 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

Besides a win, there are certain things I would like to see tonight from the Zips.

I would like to see Utomi have another double figure game.  Give him some extended playing time and see what he does with it.  Would like him to score from the inside.

Defense-  KD indicates that this team is going to play better defense.  Maybe this will be the game our guards will stop the dribble drive penetration off the high screens.  

Kwan-  I think Kwan has gotten away from his inside game.  Would like to see Kwan penetrate and dish or score around the basket.  Do not rely only on the 3 ball.

Poke and the bench.  KD want to play the bench more but indicates we give up offense.  Dunn Martin can penetrate and feed the Poke.  Love watching the dunks!  Need to get solid play from the bench so the starters do not go 30 plus minutes.

Big Dogs buzzer beater on the big screen with Titanic Music 

And yes, a double digit win!  Go Zips!

You can checkmark Big Dog's Titanic buzzer beater from the list.

Edited by kreed5120