Matt Kaulig (Racing) Former Zips QB

Section210Zip

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

On my phone and not sure how to embed the link/photos, but here is an awesome Matt Kaulig post for the University of Akron All-Sports Summer Open.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mattkaulig_gozips-activity-6942120313321095169-_Q6i?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=android_app

Here's the tweet:

New branding looks good on the car. Man would I love to see an Akron Zips car running a few Nascar races. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

How ironic. He is paying to sponser an event that gives money to LBJ.

I keep forgetting I'm suppose to hate him...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

This is very cool. Hopefully eventually Blitzer's group takes over controlling interest in the team and is actually willing to put up enough money to turn the Guardians into consistent winners. Not just a team that falls backwards into a playoff run every 5 years by accident. God only knows how much wasted money Kaulig has been pouring into the Zips football team. He deserves to see one of his team's win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, akzipper said:

This is very cool. Hopefully eventually Blitzer's group takes over controlling interest in the team and is actually willing to put up enough money to turn the Guardians into consistent winners. Not just a team that falls backwards into a playoff run every 5 years by accident. God only knows how much wasted money Kaulig has been pouring into the Zips football team. He deserves to see one of his team's win.

Not to dive into this, but the Indians/Guardians are one of the winningest franchises since 2013. I'm hoping Blitzer's group takes controlling interest and takes the franchise to the next level with consistent ALCS/WS appearances, but money doesn't exactly guarantee that in baseball. 

I'm excited for InfoCision Stadium to be renamed Kaulig Companies Stadium or LeafFilter Stadium.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Not to dive into this, but the Indians/Guardians are one of the winningest franchises since 2013. I'm hoping Blitzer's group takes controlling interest and takes the franchise to the next level with consistent ALCS/WS appearances, but money doesn't exactly guarantee that in baseball. 

I'm excited for InfoCision Stadium to be renamed Kaulig Companies Stadium or LeafFilter Stadium.

Yeah forget the Guardians, I want as much money going to the Zips as possible. Kaulig is a smart man, though. If he invested in baseball there is money to be made.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Unable to post the photo from my phone, but I'm at the Guardians game and there is now a section down the first base side titled "Kaulig Companies Club".

Matt is one of, if not our biggest assets as Akron fans. He is a money-making machine. 

That section has been there for several years.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Probably because of the distance I don't see everything UofA does in terms of advertising and community outreach, but what I do see I really like since Dr. Miller has taken over. I have to believe the opinion of people around NE Ohio about UofA has to have trended upwards since Dr. Miller started.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GP1 said:

Probably because of the distance I don't see everything UofA does in terms of advertising and community outreach, but what I do see I really like since Dr. Miller has taken over. I have to believe the opinion of people around NE Ohio about UofA has to have trended upwards since Dr. Miller started.

Dr. Miller has totally changed the culture at UA. He is not willing to settle for "good enough". A perfect mix of an Academic and a Business man.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Dr. Miller has totally changed the culture at UA. He is not willing to settle for "good enough". A perfect mix of an Academic and a Business man.

I met him for the first time recently at one of the alumni events they put together around the country. He was awesome and the event the University was great. What I think he understands is events like alumni gatherings in major cities should be a normal course of business for a major University like Akron.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sergeant Zip said:

Listen to the podcast here (staring about the 7 minute mark):  https://megaphone.link/LKN7163208360

Here's the interview with him from several months ago when he was on that show the first time 

Here is the one from the other day that Sergeant Zip posted about with just the Kaulig interview part: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GP1 said:

I met him for the first time recently at one of the alumni events they put together around the country. He was awesome and the event the University was great. What I think he understands is events like alumni gatherings in major cities should be a normal course of business for a major University like Akron.

Hopefully "awesome" will be reflected in a turnaround to this trend soon. https://www.uakron.edu/ir/student-enrollment