PCCC @ Zips, Friday 2/17

clarkwgriswold

2 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I really hope this is the game where we break one open.  A full volume, packed house, crazy JAR in a rout would be a nice memory to stamp into Jimmy Hall's head.

Hall really got rattled here last year, if you recall.  A great crowd could have the same effect this time around.  

Jimmy Hall is one of my least favorite Can't players of all time - and I strongly dislike 100% of them. He really got rattled last year, and I'm looking for more of the same from him this year. 

I'm not sure Senderoff survives this year. Akron needs to put the whoopin' on them, and make sure the Clown doesn't come back next year. On second thought... Can't has really sucked under him. Maybe we beat them by just enough to keep him around. 

16 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

Jimmy Hall is one of my least favorite Can't players of all time - and I strongly dislike 100% of them. He really got rattled last year, and I'm looking for more of the same from him this year. 

I'm not sure Senderoff survives this year. Akron needs to put the whoopin' on them, and make sure the Clown doesn't come back next year. On second thought... Can't has really sucked under him. Maybe we beat them by just enough to keep him around. 

The word amongst the PCCC faithful is that they'd love to move him along but don't have the money to buy him out of the rest of his contract.

12 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The word amongst the PCCC faithful is that they'd love to move him along but don't have the money to buy him out of the rest of his contract.

I hear the same is true for John Cooper at Miami. The way coaching salaries are rising, I expect that to be a common trend for MAC schools to have in football and men's basketball in the coming years. Sticking with a coach for a year or two longer than you want because you can't afford firing him.

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

I hear the same is true for John Cooper at Miami. The way coaching salaries are rising, I expect that to be a common trend for MAC schools to have in football and men's basketball in the coming years. Sticking with a coach for a year or two longer than you want because you can't afford firing him.

I think it's been that way for awhile.  But what I have seen that really gets some of these schools into trouble (including us) is that when they have some success, they start extending the contracts to try to demonstrate stability and longevity to everyone, and then they are in an even deeper hole once things start to fall apart.  

Edited by skip-zip

Thanks for putting this together CK. Ya gotta love these cartoons. Big Dog should watch them for motivation if not just top laugh his ass off. Come Friday night let's bury the PCCC Flushes. :thumb::champs:

Akron Beacon: Zips looking to extend home winning streak to 31 against rival Golden Flashes

This is impressive:

With a backcourt in flux for much of the season, Hall, a 6-8 senior forward, has carried a heavy load for the Flashes and leads the team in scoring (18.0), rebounding (10.5) and assists (2.5).

And KD was complimentary toward to Golden Flushes front court:

“I think they have really good players in that spot,” he said. “I think they’re really disjointed in that they have so many guys, they’re not sure which guys to play. Whereas with us, it’s more clear cut.”

Edited by Blue & Gold