PCCC @ Zips, Friday 2/17

clarkwgriswold

Just curious to see if anybody else was listening to 92.3 The Fan around 4:30 p.m.? I got in my car to head home and 92.3 was on since I listen to (UA alum) Ken Carman in the morning on my way to work. First thing I hear is Adam the Bull saying "We're talking with the Akron Beacon Journal's George Thomas." I'm like, ok, some Akron-Kent talk made Cleveland radio. Instead, the entire interview was nothing but movie talk. Now, I don't know if the interview started out as Akron-Kent talk because I didn't hear the very beginning, but since I listened to about 20 minutes of that crap, I'm guessing I didn't miss much of the interview. And when they ended it, there was no mention of the game, nor follow up talk of it (instead Bull and Dustin Fox go back and forth about horror films and how its a niche genre). 

So assuming I didn't miss anything, what a freaking joke that 92.3, a sports talk radio station, had on Akron's "beat writer" on the air and yet not one mention of Northeast Ohio's biggest college basketball rivalry. 

Sigh, I wish I could say I'm surprised by that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wadszip said:

Just curious to see if anybody else was listening to 92.3 The Fan around 4:30 p.m.? I got in my car to head home and 92.3 was on since I listen to (UA alum) Ken Carman in the morning on my way to work. First thing I hear is Adam the Bull saying "We're talking with the Akron Beacon Journal's George Thomas." I'm like, ok, some Akron-Kent talk made Cleveland radio. Instead, the entire interview was nothing but movie talk. Now, I don't know if the interview started out as Akron-Kent talk because I didn't hear the very beginning, but since I listened to about 20 minutes of that crap, I'm guessing I didn't miss much of the interview. And when they ended it, there was no mention of the game, nor follow up talk of it (instead Bull and Dustin Fox go back and forth about horror films and how its a niche genre). 

So assuming I didn't miss anything, what a freaking joke that 92.3, a sports talk radio station, had on Akron's "beat writer" on the air and yet not one mention of Northeast Ohio's biggest college basketball rivalry. 

Sigh, I wish I could say I'm surprised by that.

The Zips aren't a priority for Cleveland radio or GT.

For what it's worth, and this doesn't taken into account conditioning, Mike Hughes is looking good in warm ups. Seems to be moving well, dunking, etc. 

I think we're in for a special night. Crowd energy already seems high, and it's 25 minutes til tip. Kent brought their entire How to Change a Light Bulb 101 class, too.