PCCC @ Zips, Friday 2/17

clarkwgriswold

38 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

People are asking for Hughes but I think he has about 9 shot attempts this year and 7 of them have been blocked. He needs work on his post moves. Redshirt probably would have been for the best in hindsight.

Not to mention that he looks totally lost on defense.

49 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

People are asking for Hughes but I think he has about 9 shot attempts this year and 7 of them have been blocked. He needs work on his post moves. Redshirt probably would have been for the best in hindsight.

I'll guess that before the season started, nobody knew exactly how the entire picture with the Post Guys was going to work out.  I would have absolutely thought that we needed another big body to be successful this year.  

But in the meantime, it appears that Poke has raised his stature and gained trust with the coaches, and that Mike still has some work ahead of him to be able to help us.  And like K92 just pointed out, he appears to be particularly drawing the ire of the coaches with his inability to guard people.  

Edited by skip-zip

17 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Whoa.  That's not what I heard.  You're making it sound like we were intentionally resting people, or sacrificing our best play.  Our starters all played 30 minutes or more, except Kwan.  And there were minimal bench minutes beyond Utomi and Josh.  

What I heard him say is that: If we were going to lose a game, he'd rather it be now, instead of later when it had greater consequence.  That was it.  

I did not intend to misquote KD and you are misunderstanding my point.  KD did try to win the game playing his strongest players over 30 minutes except for Kwan.  And we lost at home in front of a full house of Zips fans.  No excuses, Big Dog did not foul out or get in foul trouble.  My point is that KD should be concerned that considering our outside shooting, his players may be getting tired or wearing down at the end of the season and that he should play more of this bench, especially Dunn Martin, Poke, and Utomi.