If Thad Motta gets canned......

dirtyolcrowe

At this critical time in our own season, I really don't want to comment on this right now, but I will. 

1) WHO is saying he is the top candidate?  Someone in Columbus?  Or, some sports talk people on the radio?   And wouldn't the source also need to have knowledge that Matta is being fired too? 

2) If there were P5 schools who wanted to try to lure him from here, and he was willing to go, doesn't everyone here believe that it would have happened many years ago? 

3) I doubt that too many coaches who've had great success at a place they love would want to take on a rebuilding project at 60 years old.  

Dambrot would be 59 by the start of next season and he has made it clear that he has no intentions of coaching for the remainder of his life. At the very best he would be a stop gap replacement to buy them time to find someone long-term. That has never been OSU style. OSU makes hires that they feel will provide them long-term stability. 

13 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

At this critical time in our own season, I really don't want to comment on this right now, but I will. 

1) WHO is saying he is the top candidate?  Someone in Columbus?  Or, some sports talk people on the radio?   And wouldn't the source also need to have knowledge that Matta is being fired too? 

2) If there were P5 schools who wanted to try to lure him from here, and he was willing to go, doesn't everyone here believe that it would have happened many years ago? 

3) I doubt that too many coaches who've had great success at a place they love would want to take on a rebuilding project at 60 years old.  

Radio show host on WKNR.  Which happens to be OSU station for FB & BB in northern Ohio.  

P5 schools are not Ohio State.  The facility, alumni support, recruitment, SCHEDULING, more money.   LBJ ties.  

The rebuilding would be quicker if LBJ is involved like me Akron.  It's a FB school first and he is dealing with that already. Even though The FB program isn't like OSU!!!   Lol!!!

tell me, what MAC coach never wanted to make a jumper to the Big 10?

Edited by dirtyolcrowe

19 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Radio show host on WKNR.  Which happens to be OSU station for FB & BB in northern Ohio.  

So, because this is a station that airs their football and basketball games, suddenly their employees become privy to inside information in an athletic office 3 hours away?   A stretch, at the most.  

SCHEDULING

Since you put this in ALL CAPS, I'm assuming you're thinking that he should be anxious to go there and spend 1/3 of his season playing Walsh, Navy, North Carolina Central, Western Carolina, Jackson State, Farleigh Dickinson, North Carolina-Asheville, etc.  

what MAC coach never wanted to make a jumper to the Big 10?

Oh, I don't know.  Maybe a coach who's happy to be in his hometown, has been coaching there for 13 years, and would have probably left a long time ago if that was what "all MAC coaches want to do"?

Edited by skip-zip

6 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

So, because this is a station that airs their football and basketball games, suddenly their employees become privy to inside information in an athletic office 3 hours away?   A stretch, at the most.  

Since you put this in ALL CAPS, I'm assuming you're thinking that he should be anxious to go there and spend 1/3 of his season playing Walsh, Navy, North Carolina Central, Western Carolina, Jackson State, Farleigh Dickinson, etc.  

Oh, I don't know.  Maybe a coach who's happy to be in his hometown, has been coaching there for 13 years, and would have probably left a long time ago if that was what "all MAC coaches want to do"?

Or stay here for the next 10 years with Youngstown st or Coppin St or Adrian College!!!       

BTW. Why don't we ever go to Coppin St?????  Seems so unfair.  Probably better fly SWA in BWI for that game.   

9 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Since you put this in ALL CAPS, I'm assuming you're thinking that he should be anxious to go there and spend 1/3 of his season playing Walsh, Navy, North Carolina Central, Western Carolina, Jackson State, Farleigh Dickinson, etc.  

Has OSU ever considered KD before???  After 13 years of having to be perfect to reach march madness???   Then getting blown out or even getting screwed like team that went 26-7????    Yeah dude.......be gone Ohio state....  I'll stay here.....come on!

2 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Or stay here for the next 10 years with Youngstown st or Coppin St or Adrian College!!!       

BTW. Why don't we ever go to Coppin St?????  Seems so unfair.  Probably better fly SWA in BWI for that game.   

I'd be pleasantly surprised to see Dambrot coach another 10 years. 

4 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

That was my point.  A big portion of both school's schedules are pretty much the same (and horrible) from Nov. to Jan.    

Dude.  They could easily schedule the other good basketball schools in Ohio, let alone the Midwest.   

Akron keeps playing the same old weak opponents in Nov Jan.  Adrian College, really???????

5 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

After 13 years of having to be perfect to reach march madness???   Then getting blown out or even getting screwed like team that went 26-7????    Yeah dude.......be gone Ohio state....  I'll stay here.....come on!

2 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

thats right.  Make a boatload of cash from OSU and ride off into sunset.  Maybe he'll resurrect the rivalry game with UC cause we can't even get them to return a phone call.  

You seem like you're trying to say that Keith should be so pissed off about his situation at Akron that he's ready to pack his bags and walk out the door.  And you'd be dead wrong.    Maybe it's how you want him to feel so he'd take the job?

10 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

And yet, they don't.  Have you ever wondered why?

Not trying to defend the troll, but schools make more by playing cupcakes at home as opposed to agreeing to a home and home with other schools. You see a lot of guaranteed games on a lot of P5 team schedules.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1