MAC Tournament Tickets

kreed5120

I figured I'd pass on some information that I stumbled upon. You can buy tickets to all 14 MACT games for $73. I wasn't aware of this deal, but maybe you guys were.

"So this is crazy but true. If you go on-line, you can only buy single game tickets. If you call the main # at the Q, you can only buy single-game tickets. But if you have the top-secret information provided by Dick, you can buy an all-tournament pass (including every men's and women's game) for $73, which includes the $5 processing fee. I first called 216-420-2161 and left a voicemail message. I got a return call from Josh, whose direct number is 216-420-2780. He said that I was welcome to pass his name and number on to others interested in this deal."

http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-808694-page-2.html

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

thank you for this.  the Zfund "priority system" often leaves some of the most loyal season/blue seat tickets holders in a spot of bother when we open our envelope at the Q and see we are once again relegated to nose bleeds.  Always looking for other options.

I hate the Z fund priority system that puts season ticket holders in the upper level in Cleveland and people that never attend a Zips basketball game in the lower section. 

• Like 2

Local politicians, along with faculty and staff, who seem to be busy each year from Nov thru 1st week of March are suddenly front and center come MAC Tournament time.

I'll spend $250 total to get good seats for all the sessions, as opposed to be relegated to "Loudville" or whatever the last row is called these days.

Curse you, Z Fund.  ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Joe Akron said:

Local politicians, along with faculty and staff, who seem to be busy each year from Nov thru 1st week of March are suddenly front and center come MAC Tournament time.

I'll spend $250 total to get good seats for all the sessions, as opposed to be relegated to "Loudville" or whatever the last row is called these days.

Curse you, Z Fund.  ;)

Joe Akron spending $250 on Zips tickets? Shenanigans! 

The "nose bleeds" for the MAC Tournament are the club level. Rarely are the actual nose bleeds in the third tier ever open. It just seems worse, because Akron is the only school that ever brings a decent amount and can't accommodate everyone down low. I'd rather sit in the Akron school allocated sections than not. It makes winning the tourney that much sweeter when celebrating with those fans. Looking forward to tonight!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Spoke to Josh at the Q.  If you want seats in like lower 106 or 111, it's $200 per person and you get same seats for all 7 games.  That's about $28per game or $66 per Zips game. Of course if the unthinkable occurs you will be out $$$ unless you want to watch those other teams.   Tough call.

Yeah, I definitely think the package is designed for people who want to make those trip to Cleveland a full event and intend to see more than just the Zips play. Personally, I have no interest in it, but figured I'd pass it along in case one of you might.

40 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Spoke to Josh at the Q.  If you want seats in like lower 106 or 111, it's $200 per person and you get same seats for all 7 games.  That's about $28per game or $66 per Zips game. Of course if the unthinkable occurs you will be out $$$ unless you want to watch those other teams.   Tough call.

If you go with this option, you get a parking pass in the Q garage for each session as well.  Or at least I have the past few years.

• 2 weeks later...

The Buy one get one free with a non winning lottery ticket is back.  It is posted on the promotion page on ohiolottery.com

The tickets are the cheap seats.

Also Travelzoo.com also has a ticket deal for the mac tourney.

You can buy seats discounted in higher priced sections.

$20 tickets are $11 plus a $3 fee

$36 tickets are $20 plus a $3 fee

$54 tickets are $42 plus a $3 fee

Ticket delivery is Flash seats

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 2Ball said:

The Buy one get one free with a non winning lottery ticket is back.  It is posted on the promotion page on ohiolottery.com

The tickets are the cheap seats.

Also Travelzoo.com also has a ticket deal for the mac tourney.

You can buy seats discounted in higher priced sections.

$20 tickets are $11 plus a $3 fee

$36 tickets are $20 plus a $3 fee

$54 tickets are $42 plus a $3 fee

Ticket delivery is Flash seats

Thanks for sharing. I am definitely interested. However, I'll only be able to go to the championship game and am only willing to go if the Zips make it. It says the deadline to purchase is March 10th (day of semifinals). I wonder what the latest I can buy them on March 10th is.

Edit: Also, does anyone know which area would be designated as the Zips side/sections?

Edited by LZIp

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Thanks for sharing. I am definitely interested. However, I'll only be able to go to the championship game and am only willing to go if the Zips make it. It says the deadline to purchase is March 10th (day of semifinals). I wonder what the latest I can buy them on March 10th is.

Edit: Also, does anyone know which area would be designated as the Zips side/sections?

I checked with the ticket office and the designated sections for us are 126/127/C126/C127. Since we will always be the higher seed it will not change from game to game depending on the opponent's seed. I expect our designated sections will expand based on demand. I know it has for championship games.

Edited by ewbrooman1

12 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I checked with the ticket office and the designated sections for us are 126/127/C126/C127. Since we will always be the higher seed it will not change from game to game depending on the opponent's seed.

thanks so much!

On 3/2/2017 at 8:37 AM, 1981 grad said:

I just bought my tickets using travel zoo and got 1st row tickets, section 126 for Thursdays game at noon for $45.  Thanks for the information.  

Thank you for the TravelZoo tip.  Was able to get excellent seats in section 126 for not much more than what our ticket (we will choose your seats, and you will like it) office would charge.

7 minutes ago, feetg10 said:

I just went to the Cuyahoga Falls location. I got the last 2 tickets 

Dang.  I called at 10:30 and they still had some.  Went out to lunch with a few buddies and wanted to stop there first but they wanted to eat at Chipotle first so we did that.  I got there probably between 1230-1235 and they were gone.

14 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

Dang.  I called at 10:30 and they still had some.  Went out to lunch with a few buddies and wanted to stop there first but they wanted to eat at Chipotle first so we did that.  I got there probably between 1230-1235 and they were gone.

Sorry, I left there just before 1230