MAC Tournament Tickets

kreed5120

MAC Tournament

Mar 8, 2017 - Mar 11, 2017

Turn any non-winning Ohio Lottery ticket into free tickets to the MAC Basketball Tourney!

Buy One, Get One Free - MAC Basketball Tournament in Cleveland, OH

Fans 18 years of age or older may redeem any non-winning Ohio Lottery ticket at the Q Arena box office for a buy one, get one free offer to any of the MAC championship games.  The games will be played between March 8-11, 2017.

11 hours ago, Dr Z said:

MAC Tournament

Mar 8, 2017 - Mar 11, 2017

Turn any non-winning Ohio Lottery ticket into free tickets to the MAC Basketball Tourney!

Buy One, Get One Free - MAC Basketball Tournament in Cleveland, OH

Fans 18 years of age or older may redeem any non-winning Ohio Lottery ticket at the Q Arena box office for a buy one, get one free offer to any of the MAC championship games.  The games will be played between March 8-11, 2017.

I'm sorry now I did not take advantage of this today. My seats for these games keep getting worse, not to mention the foul, loudmouthed idiots in front of me until I moved. Why pay $34 for a ticket thru UA when you can get this deal and pretty much sit anywhere you want with thousands of seats empty for the early session? We probably could have moved into the prime school seats in the lower level anyway, considering that there looked to be a number of empty seats. I know a guy sitting near us with a young boy did.

Edited by ewbrooman1
  • Like 1

The ticket priority system of the Z Fund is a total joke.

Season ticket holders are told if we increase our giving levels, we will be rewarded come tournament time with better seats. What a bunch of crap.

Every year we are pushed further away from midcourt.

People who used the 2 for 1 lottery deal had better seats than us.

Our regular season tickets are in the lower level, yet last night we found ourselves off in a corner, dodging people who either had restless leg syndrome or the weakest bladders this side of 90.

It's a simple fix.

As a season ticket holder, If you sit at midcourt for regular season  (and we do not) then you get the same number of seats come tournament time. Then you repeat the process until all of the "regulars" are assigned tickets. 

THEN, you go back and give out the Extra 10 seats to donors who want to take their second cousin's next door neighbor and his 6 kids.

I know that this is my own fault for not buying tickets on my own, but I tried to be a loyal fan and do the right thing. 

Unless/until the Z Fund adjusts their allocation process,  I am done going through the University for tickets.

• Like 4

100% agree.  We are lower level season ticket holders for 20+ years with very strong connection to the university. Each year at the Q we our seats are embarrassingly bad.  First two games at Q used travel zoo and were basically courtside.   Tickets for tomorrow not as good but still much better than what Van Horn would give us.   As for my awesome seats last night, they were less awesome when 3 "robust" inbred Kent fans sat in front of me.  And three more of them to my left.  Those people are strange.

• Like 1

Just cancelled our plans and are taking the family of four down tonight. Is the best way to do the lottery ticket promo? Anyone know for sure if they are honoring it for tonight's game? I went online and found that I can buy four tickets with all the fees for $180. Really? $52 of that was fees and convenience charges. 

Anyone know now what time the university will be up there selling 

their tickets? I could drive up in advance before those sellout if they haven't already. 

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, FearTheRoo said:

Just cancelled our plans and are taking the family of four down tonight. Is the best way to do the lottery ticket promo? Anyone know for sure if they are honoring it for tonight's game? I went online and found that I can buy four tickets with all the fees for $180. Really? $52 of that was fees and convenience charges. 

Anyone know now what time the university will be up there selling 

their tickets? I could drive up in advance before those sellout if they haven't already. 

Thanks!

I believe the University starts selling at 5PM. They should still be doing the lottery promotion. I wouldn't mess with buying them online. Your fees won't be as much if you just buy them at the Q

Edited by kreed5120

1 hour ago, roopride said:

Agree 100%.  Lower bowl season ticket holder and my tickets were worst last night than Thursday.  In the Corner. That is BS.

That is rediculous!!  Travel Zoo worked very well and I had front row seats by the Akron Bench for Thursday's game and center court last night on the Akron side. Never would have had those seats going through the U.   I could have had the same seats tonight if I had bought them before Akron won.  I did best seats immediately after the Akron Ball STate game and got lower level but on the Kent side.  A little disappointed but no big deal since went to the Kent game and sat on the Kent side on the chairbacks.  They should seat lower bowl season ticket holders in the lower level compreble to our season tickets!!!!

FOUND A NEW GREAT DEAL!

I stopped in The Rally House in Macedonia (this deal is only for the Macedonia store).  If you buy and Akron (or Kent) apparel (shirts, jackets, etc. not cheap stuff like socks), they will give you 2 tickets to tonight's game for FREE!  My wife did one transaction and I did another (not supposed to do it this way) and got the four tickets we need for tonight.

Great seats too. Section 110, Row #1!!  Looks like that is opposite the visitor bench, so hopefully I won't be surrounded by Kent fans.  As of noon today they only had 14 tickets left!

53 minutes ago, Glib Shanley said:

Which is true for a variety of topics on this board.

But, unlike many repeat topics, no one is making excuses for Z Fund.

And, my caveat remains that it is my own fault for using them.

Mea Culpa.:(

I think after this year the "bobcat is out of the bag" and word likely spread around that you can buy better tickets away from the ZFund.  I was a little hesitant to share my info about Travel Zoo before I bought tickets for last night.  Ultimately, for tonight didn't use travelzoo and just purchased at Q before I left.  I'm now lower club in Zips section a few rows from the railing.  Perfectly, happy with those.  I'm sure everyone will have a different tale to tell on tickets.  I'm certain there's pressure from major donors to always get the best of the best, but there is absolutely no outreach to any of the other Zfunders.  And those donors should get the best.  They support the school.  But what some see as the randomness of it starts to irk people. 

Edited by NWAkron

All you had to do was call the Akron Zips ticket office prior to the tournament. Yes your ticket location would be determined by your Z-Fund status but that's the way the game is played.  Here is a link to the Z-Fund points system. There is a lot more factored into the formula than how much you donate.

http://www.gozips.com/zfund/Priority_Points/index

Z-Fund Priority Points System

Current Year Unrestricted Gift(s) to Athletics
      50 points per $100 

Current Year Capital Gift(s) to Athletics  50 points per $100 

Current Year Restricted/Sport-Specific Gift(s) to Athletics
  30 points per $100 

Current Year Endowment Gift(s) to Athletics
  30 points per $100 

Consecutive Years of Giving to Athletics
  20 points for every consecutive year 

Lifetime Giving to Athletics
  5 points per $100 

Lifetime Giving to The University of Akron (excludes Athletics)
  1 point per $500 

Season Ticket History (Beginning with the 2006-07 season)
  20 points per year per sport (regardless of quantity) for football, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's soccer, and volleyball 

Estate Gift to Athletics (Must be documented with the University)  500 points 

The University of Akron Affiliation 100 points – Letterwinner (must be an active member of the Varsity "A" Association) 

50 points – UA Alumnus 

25 points – Current UA Faculty or Staff 

http://www.gozips.com/zfund/Priority_Points/Explanation

POSTSEASON, SINGLE-GAME, AWAY, NEUTRAL-SITE TICKETS

The opportunity to purchase postseason, single-game, away-game, and neutral-site tickets also will be determined by the Priority Points Program. The University of Akron is committed to providing every opportunity possible for Z-Fund members and season ticket holders to attend postseason and away games, obtain additional single home game tickets, and tickets to neutral-site games. At times, however, only a limited number of tickets are available, and the Priority Points Program and Z-Fund annual giving levels will determine how tickets are distributed and allocated.

EXAMPLE #1

Donor #1 has purchased football season tickets, men's basketball season tickets, and women's basketball season tickets consecutively for eight years. She has been a Z-Fund member for thirty consecutive years and her lifetime giving totals $526,000 to the Department of Athletics and $24,000 to The University of Akron (excluding Athletics). Her current annual gift in $23,500 Unrestricted and $6,500 Restricted divided between men's and women's basketball. She is a former student-athlete and has an estate gift designating the Z-Fund as her beneficiary.

Criteria   Points AwardedPoints Earned

Current Year Unrestricted Gift ($23, 500)

50 points per $10011,750

Current Year Restricted/Sport Specific ($6,500) 30 points per $1001,950

Current Consecutive Years Giving to Athletics (8)
    20 points per consecutive year160

Lifetime Giving to Athletics ($526,000)  5 points per $100 26,300

Lifetime Giving to the University ($24,000)  1 point per $500 48

Season Ticket History (8 years, 3 sports)

20 points per year, per sport480

Estate Gift to the University (Yes)  500 points 500

The University of Akron Affiliation (Letterwinner) 100 points100

41,288 total points

EXAMPLE #2

Donor #2 has purchased men's basketball season tickets for four consecutive years. He has been a Z-Fund member for four consecutive years and his lifetime giving to Athletics is $20,000. His current annual gift is $3,500 Unrestricted, $5,000 to the new Academic Center capital campaign, and $1,000 to his family's athletic scholarship endowment. He is also alumni of The University of Akron.

Criteria    Points AwardedPoints Earned

Current Year Unrestricted Gift ($3, 500)

50 points per $1001,750

Current Year Capital Gift ($5,000) 50 points per $1002,500

Current Year Endowment Gift ($1,000)    30 points per $100300

Current Consecutive Years Giving to Athletics (4) 20 points per consecutive year 80

Lifetime Giving to Athletics ($20,000) 5 points per $100 1,000

Season ticket History (4 years, 1 sport) 20 points per year per sport

The University of Akron Affiliation (Alumni) 50 points50

5,760 total points

31 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

There is a lot more factored into the formula than how much you donate.

Great examples.

I know that I never quite know what to do with that extra $50k, what with interest rates being so low. :P

Formulas make sense, but where in the various rules, formulas and examples does it state that a Z Fund member can order 20 tickets?

That's my objection, my only objection to this system. The basis of allocation is fine, but why are there no limits on quantity? 

35 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

All you had to do was call the Akron Zips ticket office prior to the tournament. Yes your ticket location would be determined by your Z-Fund status but that's the way the game is played.  Here is a link to the Z-Fund points system. There is a lot more factored into the formula than how much you donate.

2 minutes ago, Glib Shanley said:

Great examples.

I know that I never quite know what to do with that extra $50k, what with interest rates being so low. :P

Formulas make sense, but where in the various rules, formulas and examples does it state that a Z Fund member can order 20 tickets?

That's my objection, my only objection to this system. The basis of allocation is fine, but why are there no limits on quantity? 

The formula is not fair.  For basketball MAC tournament, the basketball season ticket holders should be given more priority.   We are the ones who supported the team the whole year by showing up.  Why should a football season ticket holder who never goes to a b ball game be given priority over a season ticket holder who supports the team the entire year.  The formula should give added points for each year a basketball season ticket holder has bought season tickets, especially those who sit in the lower bowl.  It is a disgrace for the U to have somebody who supports the team sit, buys lower bowl season tickets, and then sit them in the corner section of the Q so wealthy people who never attend games can get better seats.    

7 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

The formula is not fair.  For basketball MAC tournament, the basketball season ticket holders should be given more priority.   We are the ones who supported the team the whole year by showing up.  Why should a football season ticket holder who never goes to a b ball game be given priority over a season ticket holder who supports the team the entire year.  The formula should give added points for each year a basketball season ticket holder has bought season tickets, especially those who sit in the lower bowl.  It is a disgrace for the U to have somebody who supports the team sit, buys lower bowl season tickets, and then sit them in the corner section of the Q so wealthy people who never attend games can get better seats.    

Unfortunately, attendance has nothing to do with your priority points.  Donation level is much more important than purchasing premium level seating.  This was one of the problems season ticket holders had with the system when it was rolled out.

Edited by K92