So now what?

NWAkron

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 8:44 AM, skip-zip said:

Add the 36% to the 14 turnovers, and you've had a bad offensive night.  So yes, you're right that most teams will lose a game like that.

The offense has struggled more lately, which makes the fantastic game at EMU an even greater mystery.  But I can tell you that a team full of good shooters does not suddenly become bad shooters.  The problem is a little deeper in there somewhere, and hopefully our coaches can make the corrections to get our offense rolling more consistently again.  

EMU played zone all night. Dog played the high post and was very effective distributing or driving to the hoop. Man to man presents much greater challenges for us IMHO.

19 minutes ago, mivid12 said:

so that means he can't post? what is this berkeley?

Feeding the troll implies responding to him, he can post all he wants, even stupid things but if no one responds to him generally he gets tired and goes back to his parents basement.  

26 minutes ago, zipfan84 said:

EMU played zone all night. Dog played the high post and was very effective distributing or driving to the hoop. Man to man presents much greater challenges for us IMHO.

No doubt.  It's a little bit of a different challenge.  Actually, EMU has played that same zone for years, and I think we did a better job of patiently breaking down their zone that night than we've done in a long time.

He wasn't really playing a High Post, per se, like you would in a man-to-man.  He was just posting in the middle of the zone.  I don't want to get into the technical aspects here. But keep in mind that EMU utilizes a Stretch 2-3 most of the time, so they actually usually do a good job of covering the shooters.  I was just using that as an example of a recent great shooting night.  

22 minutes ago, mivid12 said:

nowhere...it was a question..notice the ?

I just wasn't sure how you jumped to the assumption that people were insinuating he didn't have the right to express his 1st amendment right. Notice I did answer your question?

Nobody here is advocating for him to be blocked.

Edited by kreed5120

27 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

No doubt.  It's a little bit of a different challenge.  Actually, EMU has played that same zone for years, and I think we did a better job of patiently breaking down their zone that night than we've done in a long time.

He wasn't really playing a High Post, per se, like you would in a man-to-man.  He was just posting in the middle of the zone.  I don't want to get into the technical aspects here. But keep in mind that EMU utilizes a Stretch 2-3 most of the time, so they actually usually do a good job of covering the shooters.  I was just using that as an example of a recent great shooting night.  

Agreed. The ball movement was excellent that night (I was at the game). Resulted in open looks from 3-land and shooting in rhythm more often than not. The offense, such as it is, now looks so slow and forced. A my turn, your turn (to shoot the 3) kind of appearance.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zipfan84 said:

Agreed. The ball movement was excellent that night (I was at the game). Resulted in open looks from 3-land and shooting in rhythm more often than not. The offense, such as it is, now looks so slow and forced. A my turn, your turn (to shoot the 3) kind of appearance.

Congratulations for making the 3 hour trip to luxurious Ypsilanti to watch the Zips.  I used to make that trip years ago, but haven't been there in awhile now.  I just can't find the motivation to go to that place anymore.