U of Akron Zips v. SUNY at Buffalo Bulls 2/24/17

NWAkron

35 minutes ago, K92 said:

Getting the start?

That would surprise me.  I don't think it's his best role on this team either.  I'd guess that he's just happy that he got to play 18 min. and score 12 pts.  And maybe has been told that he's going to be counted on to do more than just give someone a rest for a few minutes a game from here forward?

Yes, I guess we'll know soon.  

He's racking up assists. He can score consistently. He pushes the tempo. He impacts the game. His performance merits a start.

His defense is a concern. Opposing taller guards are pretty confident they can get a shot off over him. But the Zips other guards aren't exactly conjuring comparisons to Gary Payton.

Start 'em. The team needs a kick in the a$$.

I see TDM as a 6th man high energy spark.  For those of you old like me, think Vinnie Johnson.

Early in the season, I thought we were starting to see signs of the pre-surgery Noah returning, but he's reverted to just being a guy who brings the ball up the court.  He seems to be a great kid and I'd love to see him succeed, but right now this team needs a spark and I've seen no signs recently that he's the guy who can provide it.

9 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

PG - Antino     TDM

W - Ivey     Josh

W - Utomi     Josh

F - Kwan     Utomi

C - Dog     Poke

I've been so thoroughly unimpressed by Noah's play as of late, here is the 8-man rotation I think we should go with if we want to win the MAC & make the Big Dance.

Is Josh even playing tonight?

52 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I see TDM as a 6th man high energy spark.  For those of you old like me, think Vinnie Johnson.

Early in the season, I thought we were starting to see signs of the pre-surgery Noah returning, but he's reverted to just being a guy who brings the ball up the court.  He seems to be a great kid and I'd love to see him succeed, but right now this team needs a spark and I've seen no signs recently that he's the guy who can provide it.

Noah is not an athletic guy but I thought he had one of his better games at Bowling Green going 2 for 3 from the 3 line and attempting to penetrate and score.  He is not the same player after his injury but KD loves his steady influence so I expect him to start.

I also like Robotham's steady game. He's not flashy most of the time but he's pretty darn dependable. His last few games may have not been fantastic but I prefer to look at the "whole body of work". Still averaging around 8 points per game, shooting around 36% from 3, leading the team in assist to turnover ratio (and just barely behind Big Dog in assists per game) and second on the team at about 80% from the free throw line. I'd say that's a darn solid contribution from what you'd want from your point guard.    

• Like 4

Calming influence...steady game...nice free throw percentage...ratios...mid-30% 3-point shooter...sounds great in post game interviews.

Yippee...

I want a point guard that impacts the game and makes things happen. Too many games you wonder if Noah was even there...and you look at the box score and see that he played 30 minutes.

Noah needs to amp it up if we're going to make any hay in the MAC tourney, or have any chance of winning an NCAA game.

If you want to win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, you better have a hell-raising defense or a monster running game. If you want to win college basketball games in the post season, you need stellar play at the point guard position. If we simply have a Dilfer-like game-manager, our present surrounding cast isn't sufficient to compensate.

5 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I still think Keith would pull Antino before he pulled Noah.  That wouldn't be the way I would go.  But I think that's the way he would go.  

But I'd still wager that Antino and Noah both stay.  The only other guy I'd think about starting again would be Daniel.  I don't see Tavian as a starter, and I even see him and Poke developing some chemistry together.