U of Akron Zips v. SUNY at Buffalo Bulls 2/24/17

NWAkron

3 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Shouldn't be hard to stop offensive rebounds.  You're in a better position to block out on almost every play.  It's all about concentration and discipline.  

7 friggin offensive rebounds for Buffalo so far. 

Let's just say there isn't anyone on this team who has a Dennis Rodman-type desire to rebound.

1 minute ago, skip-zip said:

Am I the only one that's noticed Josh driving more?  He's shown some skills I didn't know he had after spending 20 games hanging out at the 3-point line on every possession.  

Yes.  That was a nice play a minute ago.

2 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Am I the only one that's noticed Josh driving more?  He's shown some skills I didn't know he had after spending 20 games hanging out at the 3-point line on every possession.  

I think he has realized that every time he touches the ball, defenders sprint full speed to the 3-line. A drive or two should give him some better shots down the line.

6 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

It's a shame he got hurt when he did. I think he was ready to break out. Looks like he's picking up where he left off for the most part

Both Noah and Josh are driving more.  I am sure that is something they are working on.  I saw Noah hit the deck for the first time this season.  These guys need to penetrate if they are going to be guarded closely at the 3 line.  Noah has missed several easy baskets driving to the basket the last 3 games but at least he is making the effort.  I do not like seeing Josh, Noah, Antino and Utomi in at the same time.  Not one of them is a good rebounder and we are getting killed on the boards.  We are slow to the ball on the offensive rebounds.