U of Akron Zips v. SUNY at Buffalo Bulls 2/24/17

NWAkron

With a couple minutes left, I lost signal on my satellite because it's storming like a mofo down here.  Because of my good friend Zipgrad01 giving me a play by play on text I know that the United States is once again victorious over Canada!!!

• Like 1

This was a great team win.  Everyone played well.  I hope that we will see more of Josh and Noah taking it to the hoop.  It opens up the floor and punishes the defender for getting in their grill outside the 3 line.  It helps that the refs were calling it close because they got to the foul line on their drives.  We definitely need to work on boxing out.  The announcer said it best, stick your butt in the other guys midsection to keep him off the boards. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

If Kent beats Ohio U tomorrow I think that clinches the MAC title outright.  

Yep.  OU now needs to win out just to tie us, and we'd have to lose our last 2

We're cutting down nets on Tuesday night.  A little later than it should have been, but after this win, I'll take it.  

Edited by skip-zip

11 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I see TDM as a 6th man high energy spark.  For those of you old like me, think Vinnie Johnson.

Early in the season, I thought we were starting to see signs of the pre-surgery Noah returning, but he's reverted to just being a guy who brings the ball up the court.  He seems to be a great kid and I'd love to see him succeed, but right now this team needs a spark and I've seen no signs recently that he's the guy who can provide it.

I just seen I sign that he's the guy!  Let's hope that we keep seeing the same sign game after game.