Airing of the Grievances

NWAkron

Yes, I'm sad that we lost on Senior Night and upset my son foul out! But we should of still won even without him in the game. Basketball is a team game and when one goes down the next man needs to step up! 

As a mom I'm very proud of Kwan and I know he works his butt off to come out here and try to win games.

He will continue on this journey on becoming a great player & and just a better man. He's still trying to figure this out. He is just a passionate young player who wants to win and make his teammates better. Trust and believe God has a plan for my son. 

At the end of day Kwan leaves Akron with a degree and a masters so with that being said I THANK Akron for giving my son the opportunity that most young men don't get. 

Thanks to all the fans that supported him through all his ups & downs and will continue to support him.

Edited by ZIPSMOM2
  • Like 16

7 hours ago, ZIPSMOM2 said:

Yes, I'm sad that we lost on Senior Night and upset my son foul out! But we should of still won even without him in the game. Basketball is a team game and when one goes down the next man needs to step up! 

As a mom I'm very proud of Kwan and I know he works his butt off to come out here and try to win games.

He will continue on this journey on becoming a great player & and just a better man. He's still trying to figure this out. He is just a passionate young player who wants to win and make his teammates better. Trust and believe God has a plan for my son. 

At the end of day Kwan leaves Akron with a degree and a masters so with that being said I THANK Akron for giving my son the opportunity that most young men don't get. 

Thanks to all the fans that supported him through all his ups & downs and will continue to support him.

What a tremendous, godly perspective you have!  Thank you for your love and maturity.  Kwan is truly blessed to have you molding and guiding his life.  It will pay dividends far beyond the relatively trivial world of basketball.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, ZIPSMOM2 said:

you should be proud...Kwan has really blossomed this year...God bless & best wishes

As a 15 + year season ticket holder I am probably in the minority in saying that I am not as concerned with a win in the NCAA tournament as some others on this board. My wife and I look forward to each game because most of the time (last night excluded) we see good young men who play fundamentally good basketball (although the defensive fundamentals this year have not been to the typical KD Akron standard) and who legitimately compete for wins and conference titles each year. This is entertainment for us and we appreciate the effort and commitment it takes to be a D1 athlete and we truly enjoy mid-major college basketball. As an alumnus I am proud of the program not only for its success but also for its graduation rate and good reputation for growing young men. 
I feel this time has the potential to win next week and move forward to the dance, but if they don't we can easily argue that our money for tickets was again well spent for the entertainment value provided. 

Go Zips Beat Kent.

• Like 4