Schedule Released

kreed5120

9 minutes ago, Fre5hington24 said:

Is Akron really moving to the ACC ????

It's a Turd muffin comment.  Keener is about 90% sarcasm, 9% Bitter Old man 1% Other.  But he is 100% Zips Fan. 

Love ya K92 ;)

I guess us young fans have that to look forward too...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Balsy said:

It's a Turd muffin comment.  Keener is about 90% sarcasm, 9% Bitter Old man 1% Other.  But he is 100% Zips Fan. 

Love ya K92 ;)

I guess us young fans have that to look forward too...

I want to know what that 1% other is. . .

1 hour ago, 94zipgrad said:

1.  They have to fill that Tuesday with a game

My beef with this bulletpoint is that one MAC game will be on broadcast television that Tuesday.  The other 2 or 3 MAC games that Tuesday will be on ESPN3.  The only people who will watch the ESPN3 games are the people who would have watched in person if the game was on a Saturday.  That is the kicker that burns my crack.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, K92 said:

If there's anything that screams big time it is a Tuesday night game on ESPN3.  That's when you know you've finally scaled the mountain.

Which makes it all the worse.   The fans get shafted so the team can be on a low quality broadcast that relatively few people will watch.

It is one thing if Tuesday Night games guarantee you are on ESPN, ESPN2, or even ESPNU, but a weeknight on ESPN3 should never happen if the whole reason for weeknight games in the first place is for more eyes to be on the games.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 1:58 PM, K92 said:

My beef with this bulletpoint is that one MAC game will be on broadcast television that Tuesday.  The other 2 or 3 MAC games that Tuesday will be on ESPN3.  The only people who will watch the ESPN3 games are the people who would have watched in person if the game was on a Saturday.  That is the kicker that burns my crack.

Don't worry, it will be a Spectrum Game while people across the country(unless it is flexed to Saturday for some strange reason) will laugh at the MAC.....

BTY, I will love Lee Corso say 'We're going to Spicertown' just one time........

Edited by lance99

And then there's the matter of kickoff times...we won't know those until 10 days before each game.  It's hard enough to get people to come to InfoCision, let alone not know early enough to actually make plans to attend.  "Oh, the Zips are playing, but is it a noon start, a 1 start, a 3 start?"  And certainly one of those Tuesay night games will start late enough and have enough Media timeouts to assure leaving the stadium well after midnight..

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, uhgrad2002 said:

Which makes it all the worse.   The fans get shafted so the team can be on a low quality broadcast that relatively few people will watch.

Which is exactly why I won't be renewing season tickets this year.  Move games back to Saturdays and I'll be there.  Keep them at 4 hours on a weeknight and my run of being a season ticket holder is over.

1 hour ago, KentZip said:

Which is exactly why I won't be renewing season tickets this year.  Move games back to Saturdays and I'll be there.  Keep them at 4 hours on a weeknight and my run of being a season ticket holder is over.

Exactly.  This "compelling game" bull is nonsense.  Back in 2015 we had started well, lost two in a row and had league leading Bowling Green coming in, and we needed a win.  Tuesday night game on ESPN2, chance to show off the campus, the team, the school,  No one showed up.  No one.  Compelling games bring out fans during the week?  Baloney.....

• Like 1

The MAC stands to make a lot more money from ESPN than what it will lose from reduced gate/concessions revenue. These are "studio games" and the players get a national audience as opposed to a few thousand attendees. You have to look at the big picture (was that a pun?)

1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

The MAC stands to make a lot more money from ESPN than what it will lose from reduced gate/concessions revenue. These are "studio games" and the players get a national audience as opposed to a few thousand attendees. You have to look at the big picture (was that a pun?)

I get the big picture and I don't disagree with what you are saying.  It seems to me the MAC business model is to have any interested fans watching from bars across the street from the stadium while the teams play to nearly empty stands.  I hope the TV revenue pays for Infocision.

Also, weeknights flat out suck for tailgating.

Edited by KentZip
Being complete

I'll say this......It's getting harder and harder to keep buying season tickets because of this scheduling.  I've NEVER even considered the idea of not buying the entire season.  But, I'm doing that now.  I never thought I'd get to that point.  But, it wears on you after putting up with the inconveniences of trying to make it to these unusual game times for so long.  

15 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

I'll say this......It's getting harder and harder to keep buying season tickets because of this scheduling.  I've NEVER even considered the idea of not buying the entire season.  But, I'm doing that now.  I never thought I'd get to that point.  But, it wears on you after putting up with the inconveniences of trying to make it to these unusual game times for so long.  

I just re-upped 15 minutes ago.  is there a name for this mental illness?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K92 said:

I just re-upped 15 minutes ago.  is there a name for this mental illness?

It's called whatever "Paying for 6 games when it's only feasible to make it to 3 of them" means.  And add an ITIS at the end.    If it works in your situation, then Congratulations !!   I'll stick with my mental illness of being tired of throwing money away.  

The anecdotal evidence suggests that this year might not be so great for attendance.  This is not a good thing.  The odd years that we play Ohio and Kent at home are supposed to make up for the meager even years when we play at their places.

83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae19

15 minutes ago, K92 said:

The anecdotal evidence suggests that this year might not be so great for attendance.  This is not a good thing.  The odd years that we play Ohio and Kent at home are supposed to make up for the meager even years when we play at their places.

83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae19

To be fair I only attended App State last year so if I do attend 2 games, I'll double my last years attendance.

29 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Did I say national audience? I believe ESPN is available world wide! :rock:

Oddly enough, I overheard a guy at Burger King talking about how ratings for Zips football have really spiked in Da Nang, Vietnam.

5 hours ago, K92 said:

Yep.  It should.  But it makes it much tougher to get the equalizer when Kent gets that game in early October on a Saturday, and we get it the following year in late November on a Tuesday.