Jerome Lane

zipsoutsider

Giants sign WR Ed Eagan to roster

The Giants are rebuilding their receiving corps on the fly. They promoted wide receiver Travis Rudolph from their practice squad on Monday and re-signed wideout Tavarres King to replace Odell Beckham Jr. and Dwayne Harris, who both went on injured reserve after season-ending surgery. The team also re-signed Darius Powe to the practice squad. The Giants signed Eagan, a one-time undrafted free agent out of Northwestern (La.) State, late in the preseason. He was among the final cuts, but returned to their practice squad in Week 3. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 2:42 PM, LZIp said:

Some bad advice Mr. Lane got unfortunately. We could use him this season. That Matt Almond rubs me the wrong way (I know you read this board....for some reason).

I unlike this man continue to wish Jerome the best. I personally feel it's gross that anyone on here clearly has a desire to see a young man fail to achieve his NFL dreams. For the record and last time, I am not Jerome's agent! You just continue to look foolish everytime you post my name. I work on marketing and endorsement deals for Jerome to clarify your misinformation you continue to spread. Personally I have zero idea who you are, but I'm glad that I " Rub" you the wrong way. Continue to post your negativity about Jerome, you just look like a very bitter person. 

-Matt

1 hour ago, Matt Almond said:

I unlike this man continue to wish Jerome the best. I personally feel it's gross that anyone on here clearly has a desire to see a young man fail to achieve his NFL dreams. For the record and last time, I am not Jerome's agent! You just continue to look foolish everytime you post my name. I work on marketing and endorsement deals for Jerome to clarify your misinformation you continue to spread. Personally I have zero idea who you are, but I'm glad that I " Rub" you the wrong way. Continue to post your negativity about Jerome, you just look like a very bitter person. 

-Matt

Uber your day job?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Uber your day job?

Yeah man, nailed it! How'd you know? I love it, bring the trash my direction not at the young man. I think everyone here can agree with that. I won't stoop to your levels of taking shots at careers. Im happy with whom I am professionally and personally. Jealous much? 

32 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

I don’t read any negativity towards Jerome by LZip in his post, obviously valued him as a Zip and is only wishing JL would have stayed and gotten more ready for an NFL career.  That’s not negative.

Please go back through the rest of this thread where people even took screen shots of Jerome's family and posted it..  I'm done but I wanted to clarify the misinformation and wonder what the heck is wrong adults to kick a young man who is chasing his dreams.. all because he chose not to come back to a situation with so many question marks.. Wish everyone the best of luck here. No hard feelings, but I will gladly correct misinformation and stand up for family.

Yeah man, nailed it! How'd you know? I love it, bring the trash my direction not at the young man. I think everyone here can agree with that. I won't stoop to your levels of taking shots at careers. Im happy with whom I am professionally and personally. Jealous much? 

Not remotely, but thanks for playing.

Please go back through the rest of this thread where people even took screen shots of Jerome's family and posted it..  I'm done but I wanted to clarify the misinformation and wonder what the heck is wrong adults to kick a young man who is chasing his dreams.. all because he chose not to come back to a situation with so many question marks.. Wish everyone the best of luck here. No hard feelings, but I will gladly correct misinformation and stand up for family.

Misinformation? Were the screen shots wrong? Did we not see Jerome complain for not receiving more recognition? Should we be thrilled when players chose themselves over the team? 

I wish nothing but the best for Jerome, but he is not blameless and neither of you are the martyrs you pretend to be.

36 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Misinformation? Were the screen shots wrong? Did we not see Jerome complain for not receiving more recognition? Should we be thrilled when players chose themselves over the team? 

I wish nothing but the best for Jerome, but he is not blameless and neither of you are the martyrs you pretend to be.

Man, I lost respect for your opinion when you clapped back with" is Uber driving" my day job. Best of luck to you. 

Edited by Matt Almond

37 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

But once again classy, and mature with a back handed statement to close out your post. 

Edited by Matt Almond

7 hours ago, Matt Almond said:

Man, I lost respect for your opinion when you clapped back with" is Uber driving" my day job. Best of luck to you. 

Hit too close to home.

7 hours ago, Matt Almond said:

But once again classy, and mature with a back handed statement to close out your post. 

The truth hurts.

I'm pretty sure Matt is a marketing guy, and doesn't deserve to be attacked. 

Interesting listen:

I didn't know the jersey pants and helmets are NFL property, the rest of what a player wears (gloves, shoes, etc) is theirs and can be negotiated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Z said:

I'm pretty sure Matt is a marketing guy, and doesn't deserve to be attacked. 

Interesting listen:

That may be true but a good marketing strategy would not be going onto an internet fan message board where a bunch of anonymous people are talking smack with each other. He would tell his client to ignore the trollish comments and concentrate on his career. 

50 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

That may be true but a good marketing strategy would not be going onto an internet fan message board where a bunch of anonymous people are talking smack with each other. He would tell his client to ignore the trollish comments and concentrate on his career. 

To each is own. I simply posted with my thoughts when my name got mentioned multiple times in this thread. However with someone mentioning placing bets on him failing on making a roster 2 months ago is pretty disgusting. Like I said, when my name got thrown in this mix it's fair game for me to chime in with my thoughts. I don't speak for Jerome, I speak for myself. Yes 90% of the posts on here have been positive, however 10% by about 2-3 people on here clearly shows an axe to grind. I do question motives, and I do question who is behind the computer monitor typing. I'll leave it at that. Sincerely wish you guys the best, I've been in Akron my whole life. I just didn't understand why one person continually puts my name on here (whom I've never met) I guess I'm wired different, I always support the hometown guys.

Screenshot_20171019-205816.png

11 minutes ago, Matt Almond said:

To each is own. I simply posted with my thoughts when my name got mentioned multiple times in this thread. However with someone mentioning placing bets on him failing on making a roster 2 months ago is pretty disgusting. Like I said, when my name got thrown in this mix it's fair game for me to chime in with my thoughts. I don't speak for Jerome, I speak for myself. Yes 90% of the posts on here have been positive, however 10% by about 2-3 people on here clearly shows an axe to grind. I do question motives, and I do question who is behind the computer monitor typing. I'll leave it at that. Sincerely wish you guys the best, I've been in Akron my whole life. I just didn't understand why one person continually puts my name on here (whom I've never met) I guess I'm wired different, I always support the hometown guys.

Screenshot_20171019-205816.png

Matt Almond, what can I say?  This board is just like America.  Rude.  Civil discourse and decorum has eroded away badly in the last few years and sad to say I contribute to that trend every day of my life.  It has become the norm instead of the exception.  Don't take it personal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, K92 said:

Matt Almond, what can I say?  This board is just like America.  Rude.  Civil discourse and decorum has eroded away badly in the last few years and sad to say I contribute to that trend every day of my life.  It has become the norm instead of the exception.  Don't take it personal.

Haha, I can appreciate that and I hear you! I think everyone knows when your name is mentioned though, your entitled to jump in and add your input/point of view! 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2017 at 8:49 PM, Matt Almond said:

-Matt

Why would Zips fans wish ill will on a former player? I dont see the negativity that you see.

25 minutes ago, WD UA 2015 said:

Why would Zips fans wish ill will on a former player? I dont see the negativity that you see.

I do not believe there is a person on the board who would like to see Jerome fail. We all want to see him succeed. 

I am not sure we would be even having this discussion had Jerome not decided to air his displeasure with the Zips on Twitter.