Jerome Lane

zipsoutsider

12 minutes ago, K92 said:

So some no-nothing quickly googled Jerome Lane in response to Bohan's tweet, scanned his dad's Wikipedia entry and hastily made a sarcastic tweet not realizing that he/she/it was responding to a former teammate.  Now it makes sense.

That's how I read the situation.

36 minutes ago, K92 said:

So some no-nothing quickly googled Jerome Lane in response to Bohan's tweet, scanned his dad's Wikipedia entry and hastily made a sarcastic tweet not realizing that he/she/it was responding to a former teammate.  Now it makes sense.

Damn man...if I REALLY need to spell it out and if it REALLY matters here is my interpretation: Some idiot behind the account tried to be cute with a play on words because Bohan said Jerome Lane and not Jerome Lane Jr. Jerome Lane SR. went to ST.V and Pitt, which is why both were brought up in the convo. My interpretation is that they did not know Bohan was a former player, but do know Jerome Lane Jr. You'll notice I said I think it was a dumb joke, which I figured the wink in the tweet gave away but what do I know.

36 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Damn man...if I REALLY need to spell it out and if it REALLY matters here is my interpretation: Some idiot behind the account tried to be cute with a play on words because Bohan said Jerome Lane and not Jerome Lane Jr. Jerome Lane SR. went to ST.V and Pitt, which is why both were brought up in the convo. My interpretation is that they did not know Bohan was a former player, but do know Jerome Lane Jr. You'll notice I said I think it was a dumb joke, which I figured the wink in the tweet gave away but what do I know.

You don't have to explain anything to me.  If you want to believe that some shithead that works in the Twitter department at UA really knew who Jerome Lane, Jr. was and tweeted a response to be funny, you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

But there was no wink in the tweet.  It was a smiley.  I take that as a smug correction to Bohan.

Yes, LZ.  There are a great number of people who work at UA who don't know who Jerome Lane Jr. is.  There are also a great number of people at UA who don't know what the NFL combine is.  My guess is that the shithead that works in the Twitter department at UA doesn't know either of these things.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Interesting quote:

“Get the degree because they can’t take that from you. Coming out, it was fine, but kinda looking back if I had another chance, I probably would have stayed.”

Interesting comments considering the draft hasn't even happened yet.

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Laquon Treadwell ran a 4.63 last year. See what I'm getting at? Lane may or may not get drafted. I'd bet he will. But a 4.6 40 hardly disqualifies him

When you are a MAC player it doesn't help... AT ALL. Treadwell was the best known receiver from the SEC. huge difference