Eastern Michigan 16-16 v. Akron 24-7 at noon Thursday

1981 grad

We beat Eastern Michigan 70-63 at the Jar in our only meeting.  Big Dog had a big game with 21 points.   We had balenced scoring from our starters except for Kwan who had a rough night going 2 for 11.  (I believe that is the first game that Kwan struggled all year)   Hopefully, we can have a repeat of our intensity that we displayed at Kent.  I really like how Noah and Jimond played at Kent and believe that we need him to continue this type of scoring and aggressive play at the Q.  KD has indicated that we have not seen Akron play their best game of basketball.  Well, now would be the time.  Lets start the tournament with a big win.  Go Zips!!!  

Edited by 1981 grad

What's our MAC Tourney path without a directional Michigan? And we could face 2 of them... :puke:

Play with the same intensity we had against Can't on Friday, for all 3 games in Cleveland, and we win this tournament. Simple as that. When we show any heart and desire, we are the best team in this conference. Period. 

Edited by lilroodude
  • Like 3

I think one of the keys to winning the MAC tournament are the seniors, Big Dog and Kwan.  This is their senior year and they have never made it to the NCAA tournament.  This year we have the talent to get there but does this team have the heart.  I still remember the big game that Zeke had to get to the NCAA tournament in the win over Kent.   I hope that they look at that video to see how much effort and desire  it takes to win the tournament.  If both these guys have great tournaments, I like our chance of winning it all.  During the winning streak they were at the top of their game.  I think the supporting case is good enough to win as long as the senior leaders get the job done.  Looking forward to Thursday.  Go Zips!!    

• Like 1

What's the deal for remote viewing for those across the Pacific Ocean?  It's a 7 a.m. game here.  Starts while I'm in traffic.  Schedule shows something called "Spectrum Sports", but the link was wacky.  No Gametracker shown.  So, provided we DO win, when do we play Friday, and is it on ESPN?  CBSCS?

2 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

What's the deal for remote viewing for those across the Pacific Ocean?  It's a 7 a.m. game here.  Starts while I'm in traffic.  Schedule shows something called "Spectrum Sports", but the link was wacky.  No Gametracker shown.  So, provided we DO win, when do we play Friday, and is it on ESPN?  CBSCS?

Well time warner is now called spectrum so I'm assuming spectrum sports is the old TWC sports channel

9 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

I think one of the keys to winning the MAC tournament are the seniors, Big Dog and Kwan.  This is their senior year and they have never made it to the NCAA tournament.  This year we have the talent to get there but does this team have the heart.  I still remember the big game that Zeke had to get to the NCAA tournament in the win over Kent.   I hope that they look at that video    

Neither of them will equal Zeke's number of blocks in that game, but I sure hope they both score more than 9 points.  

If they want to see a workhorse who played with heart and desire, I'd say that they should watch Treadwell during the 2013 title game. 

9 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Please, please, Zips...my heart can't take another one of these finishes today:

That was wild.  And that was also a Quarterfinal game.  One of my greatest memories of Steve McNees.  

I don't want a repeat of last year's EMU Quarterfinal either.   

26 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

That was wild.  And that was also a Quarterfinal game.  One of my greatest memories of Steve McNees.  

I don't want a repeat of last year's EMU Quarterfinal either.

I remember coming home from work to catch the end of this game on TV.  I turned it on just in time for this crazy sequence.  And was literally like "WTF!"  Yeah, last year's like today's game i will witness in person...or maybe not...if it's close my head will be buried in my hands.

And if you look carefully at that clip, you can see some golden flush sweatshirts bouncing around for about 4 seconds...until they weren't.

Edited by NWAkron

PSA: To those of you watching at home or the office I see this game is suppose to air on Spectrum Sports meaning it might be blacked out on ESPN3. The way around that it to download betternet. I wouldn't recommend doing that on a work PC, but there is a mobile app.

Edited by kreed5120

53 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

PSA: To those of you watching at home or the office I see this game is suppose to air on Spectrum Sports meaning it might be blacked out on ESPN3. The way around that it to download betternet. I wouldn't recommend doing that on a work PC, but there is a mobile app.

In looking at the link you posted before the Miami game, I don't believe BetterNet is available for a Mac.  Is that right?  Only PC's & mobile devices/tablets?

Edited by Blue & Gold

5 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

In looking at the link you posted before the Miami game, I don't believe BetterNet is available for a Mac.  Is that right?  Only PC's & mobile devices/tablets?

I have it on my IPad and now my droid. I don't own a Mac so I wouldn't know. Really any VPN should work.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

I think the key to the EMU game...the key to winning a MAC title...and the key to winning an NCAA tournament game comes down to KPP.

K= Kwan. When he's completely on his game, he's a guy that people project could play in the NBA. When he's off, the Zips can lose to anyone. We need Kwan on the floor, competing. We don't need him with a towel over his face, slumped over in a chair at the end of the bench. Kwan needs to be mentally tough, and impact the game through defense and rebounding when his shot isn't falling. If he does, we dance. No one in the MAC can touch us.

P = Poise. Just because the Zips offense is predicated on taking a lot of threes doesn't mean you have the green light to hoist 26 footers with reckless abandon. Pass up a good shot for a great shot, and we can't be beat. And at the end of tight games, play like a champion. The coaches need to draw up solid plays, and the guys need to execute them. No sloppy late-game play!

P = Pace. The slower the Zips play, the easier they are to defend. Noah, Jimmond, Kwan and Antio play their best basketball when they're attacking. For Kwan, a faster pace means less thinking...he plays his best when he's not over-thinking. And, if you score before Big Dog makes it halfway up the court, you save him 46 x 2 feet of movement! :D

This team has the chance to not only win tonight, but win an NCAA tourney game. Our bigs are P5 bigs. Looking at our roster, I don't know that we'll be able to say that again for a while. Go for the Gusto, Zips!! Let it all hang out and great things will happen!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I think the key to the EMU game...the key to winning a MAC title...and the key to winning an NCAA tournament game comes down to KPP.

K= Kwan. When he's completely on his game, he's a guy that people project could play in the NBA. When he's off, the Zips can lose to anyone. We need Kwan on the floor, competing. We don't need him with a towel over his face, slumped over in a chair at the end of the bench. Kwan needs to be mentally tough, and impact the game through defense and rebounding when his shot isn't falling. If he does, we dance. No one in the MAC can touch us.

P = Poise. Just because the Zips offense is predicated on taking a lot of threes doesn't mean you have the green light to hoist 26 footers with reckless abandon. Pass up a good shot for a great shot, and we can't be beat. And at the end of tight games, play like a champion. The coaches need to draw up solid plays, and the guys need to execute them. No sloppy late-game play!

Super analysis.  From your keyboard to...