Eastern Michigan 16-16 v. Akron 24-7 at noon Thursday

1981 grad

3 minutes ago, HenryMuto said:

I blame Coach for not pulling out all the starters why do u have them in the game so that something like this can happen ?  Why is Big Dog and others still in this game ?  Now Jackson is gone tomorrow.  Stupid.

Do tell, some of us only have access to ESPN feed.

Good to see the ref's not use an ejection at the end of a game like that. So Jackson is still eligible for tomorrow. Also good to see some senior leadership from Big Dog almost looked like he was a parent dragging his kid away from trouble. :)

2 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Good to see the ref's not use an ejection at the end of a game like that. So Jackson is still eligible for tomorrow. Also good to see some senior leadership from Big Dog almost looked like he was a parent dragging his kid away from trouble. :)

Oh thank goodness. Thought he was done

Game over as usual with EMU some ugliness but finally a little of what we've been hoping to see from the Zips finally crushing an opponent 79-62. On to WMU/BSU co-champions of the west and the 4/5 seeds. :rolleyes:

Edited by MDZip

2 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Would someone please explain the Antino situation?

Antino was boxing out Thompson with a few seconds left, they got a little tangled and Thompson appeared to shove/throw an elbow at Jackson's head. There appeared to be some verbal and maybe some physical retaliation and Thompson and Jackson both got hit with T's. It also happened to be the fifth foul for each so it may have appeared as ejections but were not. I think you could have made a case on the elbow from Thompson for a flagrant II and an ejection but glad the refs just let it finish out and get done with it. On to the semis for the 11th straight year!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akronzips71 said:

That type of behavior is inexcusable in a blowout game with 24 seconds left.

KD may well suspend Antino, they were screaming at each other.

No way. Antino got manhandled and barely shoved Thompson back. The T was warranted but the yelling happend in the heat of the moment. I for one am glad to see someone act like they give a crap

Good win by Akron. I had the ESPN3 feed pulled up at work (thank you dual monitor system) but we ended up getting called into a meeting at 1:30 - went to Menchies, so I guess that's a consolation. I missed the end, but was glad to see us show the ability to pull away and close the game out. THAT'S what myself and MANY others have been asking for.

Hope those Ball State players are ok. I always cringe when I hear about head injuries from personal experience. 

8 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Anyone have a preference in Ball State -v- WMU game? 

Ball St may be minus a point guard.  Guy with knee injury came back.  I played Hardy Boys and found out Taylor Persons(?) Has concussion and stitches up the side of his head.  (Top that George Thomas)

Edited by NWAkron