Other MAC Tourney games

bUAkronG

From an atmosphere standpoint, the close proximity of Akron and Kent paired up with Ohio's conference-leading fan base is best-case scenario for the MAC.

People who skip on the MAC Tournament are seriously missing out, especially with how awesome Downtown Cleveland has gotten. The atmosphere has been great for awhile now, and it just keeps getting better...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bubba4three said:

From an atmosphere standpoint, the close proximity of Akron and Kent paired up with Ohio's deteriorating fan base is best-case scenario for the MAC.

People who skip on the MAC Tournament are seriously missing out, especially with how awesome Downtown Cleveland has gotten. The atmosphere has been great for awhile now, and it just keeps getting better...

Been to several games at the Convo over the years. Love the building but the atmosphere is not now what it once was. 

2 hours ago, Bubba4three said:

From an atmosphere standpoint, the close proximity of Akron and Kent paired up with Ohio's conference-leading fan base is best-case scenario for the MAC.

Lol your first productive post in years and you couldn't even do it without a little trolling... 

20 minutes ago, jupitertoo said:

Honest question: Whose fan base is better than Ohio's?  2X the attendance of most MAC teams, including Akron, per Plain Dealer.

I can't see a post where anyone debated it. Can't you guys tell each other how great you are on OU's board? We have the #1 team to talk about here

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Looks like the much heralded OU fanbase can have the largest MAC championship watch party ever at the Convo tomorrow night

I tried to think which team I'd hate losing to more. Its a bit of a tossup but I did a bit of schadenfreude on the Bobcats board and I've seen a few instances where some of their posters have insisted that they need to be the team that made the Big Dance because either Akron (or Kent in this particular instance) were going to get smoked in the NCAA tournament as though their little run five years ago somehow has some bearing on how they would perform now. Ugh, glad Kent knocked them out. Should be an exciting atmosphere for the championship. I'm sure there will be some whining from the rest of the league how Akron and Kent have such an advantage being so close that this final was a set up.  

10 minutes ago, MDZip said:

as though their little run five years ago somehow has some bearing on how they would perform now.

It is funny.  But not as funny as Kent believing that they have a "history of NCAA tournament success" for what they did 15 years ago.  

If OU fans want to focus on postseason success so badly, maybe they ought to remind everyone that the only time they have even made it to the MAC final since that NCAA tourney run resulted in a 20 point shellacking to a Zips team playing without a point guard.  

Edited by skip-zip