Akron Zips v Kent State Golden Flashes: The MAC Championship

NWAkron

56 minutes ago, roopride said:

I hope they treat the students well and give them some decent seats tonight.

I don't think they give the students any seats. The student section the last few games was through the AK-Rowdies, with tickets purchased out of their own budget (which explains why they didn't go for the $50 seats down low)

What was interesting for me is last night's game really opened my eyes to how much I personally hate Ohio.  I found myself hands-down pulling for K.e.nt last night! :lol:

That shows that, for me at least, Ohio is our #1 rival.  

But our rivalry with K.e.nt is probably far more important as we're both battling it out for the hearts (and students) of the same market.  

Go Zips!!!  :rock:

13 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

What was interesting for me is last night's game really opened my eyes to how much I personally hate Ohio.  I found myself hands-down pulling for K.e.nt last night! :lol:

That shows that, for me at least, Ohio is our #1 rival.  

But our rivalry with K.e.nt is probably far more important as we're both battling it out for the hearts (and students) of the same market.  

Go Zips!!!  :rock:

Agreed. I really do despise OU. Their players are whiners, fans are trolls, and coach is a baboon. Kent, I just appreciate the rivalry for what it is. 

I think we'll need "that guy" tonight.  The guy who's not usually a major contributor who steps up in the clutch with big plays.  My thought is that Big Dog and "Where's My Laptop" Hall will cancel each other out and that the Flushes will be all over Kwan, even in transition, limiting his good looks.  In the end, I see an Utomi or Josh Williams having a big game and putting the Zips over the top.

Zips- 73, PCCC- 69,

• Like 1

This is going to be a tough game that will probably go down to the wire like almost all of our games.  Stayed for the Kent-Ohio game and you have to be impressed with how Kent came back in the second half.  In the first half they were shooting around 30% and 20% on the three ball.  By the end of the game they were shooting around 40%.  They are very athletic, quick, and played well down the stretch.  I was very impressed with Hall.  He played a lot of minutes, played really hard and scored most of his points in the second half.  If Kent shoots the ball well, they will be tough.

One of the keys to the game is how well we shoot the 3 ball.  If we can shoot the 3 ball above 40% there is a great chance we win the tournament.  Last night we played very smart basketball and did not force up any 3 balls and only shot 21 3 ball shots.  Noah has done a great job of getting good shots and taking short jumpers instead of just shooting the 3.  We shot over 50% from the field.  I am hoping that Kwan can explode tonight for a great game and stay out of foul trouble.  Hopefully, we can start hot like we did yesterday and force Kent to play catch up the entire night.  Like to see Big Dog and Kwan leave as winners tonight for all their hard work the past 4 years.  Go Zips!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Kent came back in the second half.  Hall.  He played a lot of minutes, played really hard and scored most of his points in the second half.

All of those things, right there, are what will contribute to why it will be so difficult for them to to play well in their 5th game in 8 days.  

I see a frustrated Hall tonight who won't have much left to carry a team.  And our 2nd thru 8th best players are just too much better than theirs.  And much more rested.  

Edited by skip-zip

20 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

All of those things, right there, are what will contribute to why it will be so difficult for them to to play well in their 5th game in 8 days.  

I see a frustrated Hall tonight who won't have much left to carry a team.  And our 2nd thru 8th best players are just too much better than theirs.  And much more rested.  

I think you're underestimating college athletes and adrenaline. Hall will be fine. We're still a much better team than they are even with Hall at 100%. :screwks:

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

I think you're underestimating college athletes and adrenaline. Hall will be fine. We're still a much better team than they are even with Hall at 100%. :screwks:

Agreed. Really need to avoid giving up a late lead. That's my big concern.

23 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Amen guys.  I can't stand watching that repeated second half slumber when they allow teams back into games.  I'd like to see the wagon train back to Portage County kick in with five to six minutes left in the game.

I'd like to see a traffic jam with that wagon train because they lose a Wagon Wheel. ;):D:lol:

This game is going to come down to our guard play. I predict Hall will get his, but Big Dog outplaying Hall would be a nice bonus. Regardless, our guards are fresher and we are much deeper at guard as well. They need to create turnovers and hit their shots. Simple as that. We are the much better team. Prove it. The usual issue with us vs. Can't is they usually want it more.