2018 Commit: Keyondre White, 3-Star RB, Chaminade Madonna HS, Hollywood, FL

• 1 month later...

Get this guy signed during the new December signing period. I am wondering why he only rushed for 658 last year though. I'm impressed that he did it on 50 something carries but why did he only have that many carries? Is he playing behind a better player? If a guy's not tearing it up at the high school level I really have to wonder how much an impact he's going to have in FBS.

Edited by InTheZone

25 minutes ago, InTheZone said:

Get this guy signed during the new December signing period. I am wondering why he only rushed for 658 last year though. I'm impressed that he did it on 50 something carries but why did he only have that many carries? Is he playing behind a better player? If a guy's not tearing it up at the high school level I really have to wonder how much an impact he's going to have in FBS.

Good speculation and probably something that would be interesting to find out. Even though the total doesn't seem to be there, I would say a power back averaging 13 yards/attempt is "tearing it up".

Also, here is your answer.

http://247sports.com/Player/Shaun-Shivers-82856/

Edited by LZIp

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Good speculation and probably something that would be interesting to find out. Even though the total doesn't seem to be there, I would say a power back averaging 13 yards/attempt is "tearing it up".

Also, here is your answer.

http://247sports.com/Player/Shaun-Shivers-82856/

I'd agree with you, I'd just like to know when those carries were coming.  Was he truly splitting time with the Auburn commit and getting meaningful carries, or was he coming in for mop up duty? 13 yards a carry with the game hanging in the balance and 13 yards a carry in garbage time are very different.