Evaluating Coach Dambrot

RooYahoo

33 minutes ago, gozips19 said:

I like that somebody is calling it out, but the article just isn't factual. We beat P5 teams Miss St, USC, USCe, and Arkansas in the regular season since I've been following. Edit: add Oregon State and Penn State as well.

Edited by LZIp

55 minutes ago, gozips19 said:

"Dambrot had not learned the lesson of 2007. He seldom challenged himself or his team with his schedule."

But this is a pretty egregious whoopsie...

"Dambrot's lone regular season win over a Power-5 conference team was against Mississippi State in 2011."

Edited by Blue & Gold

23 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I like that somebody is calling it out, but the article just isn't factual. We beat P5 teams Miss St, USC, USCe, and Arkansas in the regular season since I've been following. Edit: add Oregon State and Penn State as well.

Yeah, the narrative I was fine with, but he used so many factual inaccuracies that leads me to believe he didn't do a lick of research.

Livingston was more interested in writing his snarks than getting the facts right.   But I think for almost all of us the sham of the 20+ win season meme was becoming quite clear.  AND...One of you guys said the home winning streak was a bit of a sham as well since we only had a couple tough home games a year and those were against MAC teams.   

Edited by NWAkron

45 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Yeah, the narrative I was fine with, but he used so many factual inaccuracies that leads me to believe he didn't do a lick of research.

That's what I was thinking too.  That's just unacceptable, and I left them a message correcting the facts.  

That's something our own joke of a hometown paper would do.  

Edited by skip-zip

24 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Linvingston wrote: "Dambrot seldom challenged himself or his team with his schedule"

Seems like an unbefitting article since Dambrot is packed and gone. I could have respected it, if he were still actually coaching at Akron. 

Good point.  The media should have brought a little heat like this years ago.

4 hours ago, gozips19 said:

Elton was a little off wasn't he?  didn't we beat South Carolina a few years back in the Charleston Classic?  Non-power 5?

19 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Elton was a little off wasn't he?  didn't we beat South Carolina a few years back in the Charleston Classic?  Non-power 5?

Goes to show that beating a lower-half "Power conference" team with an RPI similar to a MAC East team doesn't register enough to be remembered.