2017 National Invitation Tournament (NIT)

GJGood

8 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

You think it looked closer than 4 (the final margin)?  

Come on.  I'd LOVE to minimize UTA's loss, considering what happened to us down there.  But I can't. They trailed by double digits (and as many as 20) for most of the last 3/4 of the game.  The 3 straight 3-pointers drained by UTA in the final frantic 30 seconds is the only reason it even "looked" close at all.  

It was a 2-point game with 6 seconds remaining. Cal-B made 2 free-throws to ice it.

Had they missed one, or both, UTA had a legit chance to tie, or win. They easily got a 3-point shot off before the buzzer that rimmed-out.

That's a close game. You missed out.

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

It was a 2-point game with 6 seconds remaining. Cal-B made 2 free-throws to ice it.

Had they missed one, or both, UTA had a legit chance to tie, or win. They easily got a 3-point shot off before the buzzer that rimmed-out.

That's a close game. You missed out.

Gimme a break.  They scored 8 points in the final 30 seconds. What more can you ask for?  Maybe instead of hoping for a miracle finish, they should have played better for the other 39-1/2 minutes when they were getting their a$$es handed to them?

2 hours ago, skip-zip said:

You think it looked closer than 4 (the final margin)?  

Come on.  I'd LOVE to minimize UTA's loss, considering what happened to us down there.  But I can't. They trailed by double digits (and as many as 20) for most of the last 3/4 of the game.  The 3 straight 3-pointers drained by UTA in the final frantic 30 seconds is the only reason it even "looked" close at all.  

If you didn't watch the game that's cool. A two possession game with 3min to go is close. After the flagrant 1 it was over. 

Not trying to minimize anything.