2017-2018

UAZip0510

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Zipsbabie said:

Dang Riak is 6'10 and averaged 3.2 pts not that great of a trade if you ask me. 

He also was a redshirt Freshman, and averaged 5.2 rebounds per game. It doesn't take Nostradamus to foresee he's got upside far beyond Aaron Jackson. Put me down as a supporter of "great trade."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

He also was a redshirt Freshman, and averaged 5.2 rebounds per game. It doesn't take Nostradamus to foresee he's got upside far beyond Aaron Jackson. Put me down as a supporter of "great trade."

No one ever understands Nostradamus' predictions before they happen, but they make a lot of sense after the fact.

19420368_10209888125583231_7937943029554

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Zipsbabie said:

Dang Riak is 6'10 and averaged 3.2 pts not that great of a trade if you ask me. 

It wouldn't be the first time that some people on this forum got enamored about a newcomer, before he even puts on an Akron uniform.   It seems to especially happen with the front court guys.  Maybe it's just the hope that the next Tree or Romeo just stepped onto our campus.  For example, just look up some of the before-floor-time comments on this forum about some guys named Swiech, Bardo, Egner, or Euton.  

The truth is that it's anyone's guess, although coaches tend to take bigger risks on guys with size.

32 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

.... look up some of the before-floor-time comments on this forum about some guys named Swiech, Bardo, Egner, or Euton.  

Consider the source. When you go back and do what you suggest, you will find it's a very very small amount of ZN, if any. Additionally, I don't read anyone predicting double doubles. 

In this case I've seen what Aaron Jackson could do for 3 years at Akron and the only thing I was impressed by was his character.I don't know if Riak will be better or not, but I'd gladly trade the known in Aaron Jackson (a huge liability when on the court) with the unknown player in Riak who has potential. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Butler, OSU. Duke, Lipscomb, Coppin St., West Texas St-San Antonio, Maui University, all are coming to JAR

marshall, maryland, UIC, UCLA, Lamar, Louisville, Uni Alaska-Fairbanks  all on the road

:)

Now that it's on the internet, it must be true!:laugh_up:

15 hours ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Butler, OSU. Duke, Lipscomb, Coppin St., West Texas St-San Antonio, Maui University, all are coming to JAR

marshall, maryland, UIC, UCLA, Lamar, Louisville, Uni Alaska-Fairbanks  all on the road

:)

You're gonna have to do better than that. My BS Meter is off the charts with this one. It seems to be in sync with our toxicity level. 

Or is Duquesne the toxic team now? :rolleyes:

On 6/27/2017 at 8:42 AM, lilroodude said:

You're gonna have to do better than that. My BS Meter is off the charts with this one. It seems to be in sync with our toxicity level. 

Or is Duquesne the toxic team now? :rolleyes:

They've all heard the Zips are joining the ACC, so all of these teams are coming on board.