2017-2018

UAZip0510

On 9/7/2017 at 6:32 PM, feetg10 said:

Is was looking at the entire schedule that was released today. And I must say, I am not a fan of all the Saturday afternoon games. A lot of 2 pm and a few noon start times. They should know by now that 7pm is the best time for maximum attendance

Common sense has been proven to be absent when scheduling Zips athletic events, evident by making the time of yesterday's game against Arkansas Pine Bluff the same time as Oklahoma/OSUcks. 

19 hours ago, LZIp said:

Listening to Zips live....Larry Williams just said Poke also improved his vert 10 inches. He apparently jumps higher than whatever the machine they use records...

Holy crap! If that's true, that's insane because he could already jump out of the gym last year.

Edited by lilroodude

22 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

The MAC decides when the games are played, not the UA athletic department. Most of those start times are dictated by TV schedules.

Well, I hope something happens to get the team on national TV -- as contrasted with ESPN3 more this season.  The past two years have been way down, as ESPN has begun leaning on the 3 platform.  Three years ago, I counted 17 games were televised either on the ESPN regular family, or the Game Plan type system that no longer exists.  I'm not a fan of ESPN3, as us old guys prefer a big screen where we can control all the knobs!

16 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

I'm not a fan of ESPN3, as us old guys prefer a big screen where we can control all the knobs!

I love the games on ESPN3. You can have all the buttons and knobs you want if you purchase a Fire TV stick, and use the ESpN app. The biggest advantage of ESPN3 is going back and watching the replays. 

15 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

I love the games on ESPN3. You can have all the buttons and knobs you want if you purchase a Fire TV stick, and use the ESpN app. The biggest advantage of ESPN3 is going back and watching the replays. 

the problem i have with e3 is you can't use the dvr function nor record the game...plus i have issues w/ the pic freezing and kicking me off.... i've spent too much time on the phone with directv sans a solution to care anymore

and now given the female sc6 anchors repulsive tweets i'm done with espn

Edited by mivid12

15 minutes ago, mivid12 said:

i have issues w/ the pic freezing and kicking me off.... i've spent too much time on the phone with directv sans a solution to care anymore

I would guess this has to do with your internet service provider, not directv. I have Directv, and have no issues. You might want to give it another try, streaming technology is advancing daily. 

PS you can measure your internet speed here.

5 hours ago, mivid12 said:

the problem i have with e3 is you can't use the dvr function nor record the game...plus i have issues w/ the pic freezing and kicking me off.... i've spent too much time on the phone with directv sans a solution to care anymore

and now given the female sc6 anchors repulsive tweets i'm done with espn

I agree with the complaint about the liberal nonsense on ESPN. I watch it for sports not politics.

That being said, most of the modern Smart Phones have the ability to connect to TV via HDMI or MHL. With a smart TV, you can even screen mirror or project from Win 10. The Android app generally works very well, you can even stream over cellular data.

Edited by akronzips71

Well, it seems that TV Revenue is at least more important than game attendance.  I sure hope they aren't thinking that "TV Exposure" is more important.  

I'd challenge the MAC Conference brain trust to convince me that anyone goes to ESPN3 to pull an internet feed of a MAC game, unless they are already a fan of a particular MAC team who's game is available that day.    And the ESPN3 games make up the overwhelming majority of the MAC games that are "broadcasted" by ESPN.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

It just surprises me ESPN cares enough about their WatchESPN time slots (if you want to even call it that) to dictate start times for non televised games. 

Yes, that one is beyond my understanding as well.  For what purpose would they have to put together a "schedule" for ESPN3 broadcasts?  Are they thinking that people will watch all of them if they are spread far enough apart?

On 9/9/2017 at 5:17 PM, LZIp said:

Listening to Zips live....Larry Williams just said Poke also improved his vert 10 inches. He apparently jumps higher than whatever the machine they use records...

Really? Do you guys actually believe this crap?

if so I expect the pre-game warm ups to look like the bud light daredevil dunkers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 11:02 PM, akronzips71 said:

There are so many ways to stream onto the TV.

The ONLY way to fly!

As long as we get ESPN3. And not those rinky dink network things they hit us with during OOC

I use ChromeCast. plug it into a slot on your TV, then anything you bring up on your computer goes on your big screen TV. ESPN3, YouTube, other streaming services. Or you can watch it on a tablet or notebook if you're doing something else (using the rest room, putzing in the garage or basement, sitting outside on a nice day...).

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 9:30 AM, mivid12 said:

the problem i have with e3 is you can't use the dvr function nor record the game.

Try a video grabber on your PC. I haven't tried one yet, but I need to,

• 2 weeks later...