2017-2018

UAZip0510

14 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

Probably blows away the number that make it from the MAC. 

Mo N'Dour did that, and now plays for the Knicks. 

ehh I agree with your point, but if I recall correctly, N'Dour got a chance in the NBA first and stuck around for at least all preseason then got cut. Pat Beverley was an overseas guy first. More international players than ever are getting drafted and playing in the NBA.

Weird stat about N'Dour's time overseas.He averaged 2.3 points and 1.7 rebounds for Real Madrid in league games. That was apparently good enough for the Knicks to sign him.

Edited by LZIp

4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

ehh I agree with your point, but if I recall correctly, N'Dour got a chance in the NBA first and stuck around for at least all preseason then got cut. Pat Beverley was an overseas guy first. More international players than ever are getting drafted and playing in the NBA.

I heard a tv talking head say only half the players drafted into the NBA this year will be from the U.S.  Don't know if it's true, or not.  But man, times sure have changed from when the 1st Dream Team laced them up.  I remember thinking my pickup team from the Y could have won the Silver back then.

4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

"Kid" or not, it really rubbed me the wrong way how he said he and everyone else were jumping ship the second it was announced Dambrot was leaving.

The one thing we'll probably never know is - how many were planning to leave had Dambrot stayed? I know the answer isn't "0."

• Like 2

If this guy was destined to be a lower level bench player, then I'm sure we'd all much rather have back the Scholarship.   I don't think we ever saw enough of him to know if anything better was foreseeable.  

Like I said earlier, we just have to use them wisely.  We have some big numbers to replace all at once, so I hope we aren't just filling up roster spots.  Mistakes at this point can haunt you for 4-5 years.   

29 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I'm actually glad to see Dalton leave. It's the first player I said that in regards to.

This is a weird thing to say about someone we've never seen play. Maybe we'll use the scholarship on someone better, maybe we'll swing and miss. But it's not like we've seen him play actual games and struggle or anything.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

This is a weird thing to say about someone we've never seen play. Maybe we'll use the scholarship on someone better, maybe we'll swing and miss. But it's not like we've seen him play actual games and struggle or anything.

Where did I comment on his talent??? His tweets rubbed me the wrong way when Dambrot announced he was leaving.

22 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

You didn't comment on any tweets originally either. But fair enough. What did he say?

I can't remember the specifics and he deleted the tweets a few minutes after posting. It wasn't anything heinous, but it just gave me the impression he had no desire to want to be here.

11 players available for next year (10 scholarships + 1 walk-on).

Returning (6) - Ivey, Utomi, A. Jackson, Poke, Eubanks, McIntyre(wo)

New (5) - Williams, Parrish, Sayles, Kostelac, Patton

2 Players sitting out next year -  Riak, L. Jackson

That's 12 scholarships for 17-18, so we have one more spot available for next year. Thoughts?

• Like 1

I know this is looking way too far ahead, but 18-19 is looking niiiiice:

F - Deng Riak / Isaiah Williams / Jaden Sayles

F - Daniel Utomi / Eric Parrish
C - Mark Kostelac / Emmanuel Olojakpoke
G - Jimond Ivey / 
G - Loren Jackson / Torrey Patton 

Edited by UAZip0510