2017-2018

UAZip0510

35 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Interesting.  I didn't think people would be so excited about the Book.  Maybe they should have told people ahead of time that the tickets would be in a book.  Maybe they would have sold more tickets, or gotten people to renew faster.  

Why would you downplay the book???   There are over 50 posts about cookies.

Edited by K92
  • Haha 2

Thank you for posting pics of your ticket book because that's the only way I will apparently ever see one since ours were never sent.  Our on the ball ticket office didnt like have a check list of whose were sent.  But they will be happy to print out some tickets and leave them at will call.  What about the parking pass?  "Crickets."

17 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Thank you for posting pics of your ticket book because that's the only way I will apparently ever see one since ours were never sent.  Our on the ball ticket office didnt like have a check list of whose were sent.  But they will be happy to print out some tickets and leave them at will call.  What about the parking pass?  "Crickets."

Would you like me to post a nice picture of the parking passes so nicely placed in the back of my lovely ticket book?  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I received my tickets in a stack with a rubber band around them. My parking pass was downgraded from the surface lot next to the Nat to the deck by rte 8.  Geez!  I donate to the Z-fund for both B-ball and F-ball. Oh well!  I am excited to get the JG  era underway.  I hope am still feeling good four months from now! 

Go Zips!

10 minutes ago, tboned said:

I received my tickets in a stack with a rubber band around them. My parking pass was downgraded from the surface lot next to the Nat to the deck by rte 8.  Geez!  I donate to the Z-fund for both B-ball and F-ball. Oh well!  I am excited to get the JG  era underway.  I hope am still feeling good four months from now! 

Go Zips!

But it was a very special high quality rubber band!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a Asst. SID for the men's basketball this year??  I can't find anything -- it used to be a guy named Brian Dennison (according to the directory), but e.g., he hasn't tweeted in over a year and a half.  I remember Dallas Moyer was SID when they last played in Hawaii.  Good guy!  Has the ball been dropped?   :unsure:

8 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

Hey gang,

I'm doing my home work. I have been studying the last 6 months of comments. It sure has been a wild ride. Lot's of change almost over-night. Say can somebody please tell me the back story of this road kill bird photo?

deadbird.jpg

Our main rival is K.ent State.  Kent is a suburb northeast of downtown Akron. It takes less than 15-minutes to get from UA to KSU.  Though K.ent calls themselves the Golden Flashes, their mascot is an eagle-looking bird.  The above picture is a dead flash. Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Our main rival is K.ent State.  Kent is a suburb northeast of downtown Akron. It takes less than 15-minutes to get from UA to KSU.  Though K.ent calls themselves the Golden Flashes, their mascot is an eagle-looking bird.  The above picture is a dead flash. Lol

Nice!! I love it. Thanks B&G. I live less than hour from Northern Illinois University. Is there any history with them that I should know about?

19 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Nice!! I love it. Thanks B&G. I live less than hour from Northern Illinois University. Is there any history with them that I should know about?

Nothing that I can really think of. They have a pretty poor basketball program. Kent, OU, and Buffalo (in that order) I'd say are our biggest basketball rivals.

46 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

We don't have much of a rivalry with NIU because they've been dominant in football while we've been awful, and we've been dominant in basketball while they've been awful.

2 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

We don't have much of a rivalry with NIU because they've been dominant in football while we've been awful, and we've been dominant in basketball while they've been awful.

I don't follow them at all, but I do know NIU has a really good football program. I think the University of Illinois avoids playing them because they are afraid to lose to "little brother".

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Every 12 years we beat them in the MAC championship game though. ?

• Like 3