Northwestern Added to 2018 Schedule

zipsoutsider

I love this.  NorthWestern is the type of BIG-10 team we need to be playing.  Not a perennial powerhouse, but not the bottom either.  Hopefully we can catch them in a down year.

2018 OCC:

Nebraska
Iowa State

Northwestern

(Probably Random FCS School)

That's a good chance to pull of a Big-10 win...playing two in the same year.  The problem is that it looks like that would make us have 5 home games, and 7 away games, unless they can negotiate to push back the Iowa State return visit.

Edited by Balsy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, K92 said:

Or Penn State. 

Well personally I enjoy Happy Valley. Although I grew up a Pitt fan and despise everything PSU, I have a bunch of friends went there and the tailgating is fun.

Football reasons though yes, they are back to being good, and it'd be best to replace them with Indianas and Illinois if we're doing B1G roadies

5 hours ago, Balsy said:

I love this.  NorthWestern is the type of BIG-10 team we need to be playing.  Not a perennial powerhouse, but not the bottom either.  Hopefully we can catch them in a down year.

2018 OCC:

Nebraska
Iowa State

Northwestern

(Probably Random FCS School)

That's a good chance to pull of a Big-10 win...playing two in the same year.  The problem is that it looks like that would make us have 5 home games, and 7 away games, unless they can negotiate to push back the Iowa State return visit.

Look at I like this:

-Nebraska is not what the used to be

-Iowa State is Kansas-Level Bad

-Northwestern the question becomes: Do they even care?

Throw in a random game(someone like a Louisana Monroe/New Mexico State/UMass) and I think we Will he alright!

Northwestern will never be Michigan or Ohio State, but they have made bowl games playing in a competitive conference in 7 of the past 9 seasons. You don't do that by not caring.

As Zippy 5 pointed out Nebraska is damn good.

Iowa State is just now heading into year 2 with Campbell and I believe they have started to recruit better since he headed to town. Hard to forecast where that program will be in 2018.

I hope we can find a way to win 1 of these 3 games plus whatever FCS scrub team we face so we can go 2-2 and st ourselves up for a winning season. It won't be an easy task.