2017 Spring Ball

Blue & Gold

(Referring to the Video above) Denzel Butler and Jordan George making some nice plays on the ball. Who made the tackle to chop down Chapman on the sweep? That was nice. I'm optimistic about our secondary helping our line make some plays this year. 

7 hours ago, Dr Z said:

(Referring to the Video above) Denzel Butler and Jordan George making some nice plays on the ball. Who made the tackle to chop down Chapman on the sweep? That was nice. I'm optimistic about our secondary helping our line make some plays this year. 

I think I saw Alvin Davis in on some action, too. I agree - I think our secondary will be strong.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

“A lot of the guys turn 22 or 23 and their love of the game changes,” UA coach Terry Bowden said of Tuley-Tillman’s departure. “He saw the future of his life out there and football was not where he wanted to go. It happens sometimes. When a player decides they’ve had enough of football, they’ve had enough.” That means sophomore Trevor Brown and junior Undrea Bullard will battle to assume that role for the offense once the regular season rolls around.

Good for Logan, hope he is successful in his future. Justin Gilbert should have did the same. 

On 4/13/2017 at 7:30 AM, Dr Z said:

“A lot of the guys turn 22 or 23 and their love of the game changes,” UA coach Terry Bowden said of Tuley-Tillman’s departure. “He saw the future of his life out there and football was not where he wanted to go. It happens sometimes. When a player decides they’ve had enough of football, they’ve had enough.” That means sophomore Trevor Brown and junior Undrea Bullard will battle to assume that role for the offense once the regular season rolls around.

Good for Logan, hope he is successful in his future. Justin Gilbert should have did the same. 

Except Gilbert got a big fat payday before quitting. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, ZippyRulz said:

I really like these sbnation reviews (no mention of Ball however). For me the must see big game is the Iowa State home game, but I think if the Zips beat Troy in AL, then they go bowling, barring injuries. Just like the article says - there are high and low side expectations for Akron, which should make for a very interesting season.      

On 6/1/2017 at 10:22 AM, LZIp said:

Does anyone know when fall camp starts? Getting antsy to see what new additions or losses we may have....

I will publish an updated roster on the current roster thread as soon as I see any changes.  Makes it easy to sift through ;)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, K92 said:

I would like to have the row of helmets Terry has in his office in my office.

Whatever happened to the Chrome ones?  And the Black Uniforms...those disappeared last year.

3 hours ago, akzipper said:

Heck I'd be happy to have ONE of those. I always check ebay but haven't had much luck.

You periodically see on on there.  But remember when they said they'd sell us one for like $200 or something?  I always wanted to pull the trigger on it but didn't have the $$$. 

On 7/13/2017 at 5:43 PM, Balsy said:

Whatever happened to the Chrome ones?  And the Black Uniforms...those disappeared last year

You probably my won't seem them, again. The helmets were impossible to keep looking nice and the new Navy uniforms Trump the black ones. From what I understand, the black uniforms and chrome helmets were pretty much expected to bridge the gap until the new navy and white uniforms were purchased.

4 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

You probably my won't seem them, again. The helmets were impossible to keep looking nice and the new Navy uniforms Trump the black ones. From what I understand, the black uniforms and chrome helmets were pretty much expected to bridge the gap until the new navy and white uniforms were purchased.

Interesting.  I do like the new uniforms.  But darn did I like those chrome helmets.  Oh well, thanks for the info.

• Like 1

I think the chrome helmet fad jumped the shark. It was cool when Oregon did it first. It was okay when a handful of teams started using gold or chrome options. But when every team has worn a gold, chrome or super metallic helmet it's probably time to try something different. Personally I like the anodized satin gold helmet the Zips used last season. Probably my favorite helmet they've ever had.

CtsnC5xWIAA1I_x.jpg

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, akzipper said:

I think the chrome helmet fad jumped the shark. It was cool when Oregon did it first. It was okay when a handful of teams started using gold or chrome options. But when every team has worn a gold, chrome or super metallic helmet it's probably time to try something different. Personally I like the anodized satin gold helmet the Zips used last season. Probably my favorite helmet they've ever had.

CtsnC5xWIAA1I_x.jpg

I loved everything about last year's uniforms.  Form the kangaroos, to the cool new look.  I did like the chrome helmets though...I'd like to see them make an appearance for one game out of the year.  But that was just my opinion of course.