2017 Spring Ball

Blue & Gold

36 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Such a thorough analysis that totally misses Warren Ball. I also think Austin Wolfe is slightly under-rated. He was eclipsed by JoJo and Jerome but he is a fairly reliable guy and has made some amazing grabs. When you think about WR, we are so much better than we were 3 and 4 years ago. I do agree with their DE position analysis. It's probably our most vulnerable position. I also expect some competition for punter and kicker. We might have O'Leary kicking FGs and another guy kicking off. The article did a pretty amazing job framing how dire the injury situation was. 

10 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Good read.

Interesting projection at the very very bottom:

winstat.jpg

?? Balls on Overview ??

Biggest strength: Quarterback Tommy Woodson had some huge games when bouncing between injuries. A healthy Woodson could erupt, if he has receivers to throw to.

Biggest question mark: Is Akron any better equipped to handle a run of injuries? They derailed the Zips last year, and a couple of poorly placed knocks could again bring the house of cards crashing down.

Biggest 2017 game: The trip to Bowling Green (Sept. 29) could be big for either bowl eligibility or MAC East title purposes.

Summary: Akron was on a run of 13 wins in 19 games before injuries led to a devastating late-season collapse. The Zips’ starting 22 will be more talented than much of the MAC, but how many of those 22 can stay on the field?

Don't think I've read read a better Zips preview, even without the Warren Ball mention. I don't know what a majority of those advanced stats are, but am not surprised that we look to be close to dead last on some things I can guess, like rushing stuff rate on offense and rushing stuff rate, adj. sack rate, and general efficiency on defense.

5 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I didn't think he was supposed to throw till June? ?

Going through multiple shoulder rehabs myself, toss, and throw are two different things. Tossing the ball in March is a positive sign he will be throwing the ball in the near future. 

He was out of bounds.

But seriously, nice catch. I was trying to see who was guarding him but can't even get close to making the number out. Also, if I didn;t know any better I'd guess that was Chapman running that out.

Edited by LZIp