Josh Williams transferring

Hilltopper

This doesn't surprise me at all having watched him at SVSM. Josh is a pure shooter, very capable of great shooting nights, albeit not 49 points every time. I expect him to have an above average PPG season. I think Dambrot hung him out to dry. 

Speaking of Dambrot, I see he is bringing Duquesne to LeBron James Arena on Saturday for a noon contest vs Radford. Free admission.

I do not want to burst anybody's balloon but I checked the box score and learned the following:  "With the warm embrace of a home game against Div. III Mount Aloysius College, Williams poured in 49 points (15-25 3FG), tying an NCAA record with 15 made three’s in the process. His final three came at the buzzer, drawing him even with Marshall’s Keith Veney, who hit 15 three’s against Morehead State in 1996. Not as dramatically, the final three sealed the Colonials winning margin at 47 points."

So your team is winning by 44 points and you have a guy shooting three pointers at the buzzer against a division 3 team so he can tie an NCAA record for 3 pointers.  

I hope that Josh has a great season but unless they have a bunch of division 3 teams on their schedule I do not see this happening on a daily basis.

3 hours ago, UA'71 said:

Speaking of Dambrot, I see he is bringing Duquesne to LeBron James Arena on Saturday for a noon contest vs Radford. Free admission.

That's Radford which just beat the Irish -- of Notre Dame.  Wish I could be there.  Good luck Dukes.  The home team! :thumb:

7 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

I do not want to burst anybody's balloon but I checked the box score and learned the following:  "With the warm embrace of a home game against Div. III Mount Aloysius College, Williams poured in 49 points (15-25 3FG), tying an NCAA record with 15 made three’s in the process. His final three came at the buzzer, drawing him even with Marshall’s Keith Veney, who hit 15 three’s against Morehead State in 1996. Not as dramatically, the final three sealed the Colonials winning margin at 47 points."

So your team is winning by 44 points and you have a guy shooting three pointers at the buzzer against a division 3 team so he can tie an NCAA record for 3 pointers.  

I hope that Josh has a great season but unless they have a bunch of division 3 teams on their schedule I do not see this happening on a daily basis.

Yeah, after I watched the highlights and saw a D3 team and him still being in the game and shooting one at the buzzer changed my original take on the situation.

That was an exceptional performance, but Josh played sort of like that in high school.  I was ecstatic when he gave a verbal to UA.  He's one of the best high school players I've ever seen, not explosive, but under control, cool as a cucumber & could shoot the lights out.  As it ends up he just wasn't quick enough for the D-1 game.  Looks like he found his appropriate level of competition against D-3.  Lol.

On 11/16/2018 at 9:16 AM, ZipsVoice said:

Yeah, we wish your sorry Hawaii-tanned butt was here freezing it off this week, with white stuff on the ground...and not your white sand!  :rofl:

I do not wish to think of Z.I.P.s Hawaii tanned butt under any circumstances. Now excuse me while I go poke out my mind's eye. ;):P 

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1