Josh Williams transferring

Hilltopper

Guard is a pretty crowded position so I suppose it is logical that someone transferred. Hate to see him leave as he was coming on strong at the end of the season and a position of strength will quickly turn to an area of need once Noah/Antino graduate. Hopefully we take this opportunity to add another big.

15 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

So this basically puts us at the scholarship limit for next year assuming no other departures or additions.  I was wondering if Eubanks would transfer down since he basically got no PT this year.

I thought he was redshirting.. he was active? That stinks

Damn, I hate to see that. He had a rough stretch during the season, but definitely had his bright spots, especially come tourney play. He was named on the MAC all-freshman team and still had plenty of time to continue to develop. This is no small loss. The only thing that will alleviate this is if that scholly goes to someone who is better, which I don't see being easy to do.

Edited by LZIp

22 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Who else believes that Jimond's emergence this year was what changed everything for him?   At least at the beginning of the year, he was part of the 3-Guard trio as a Starter.  

I think he's happy with his situation right now if that had not changed.  

I don't think it means much as they each bring a different skill set, both of which are valuable to the team. Josh is a 2. Ivey is a tweener 2/3. I think KD starting both Tino and Noah has more of an impact, that is if he cared all that much about starting. The 6th man is essentially a starter.

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

I don't think it means much as they each bring a different skill set, both of which are valuable to the team.

I think KD starting both Tino and Noah has more of an impact

I don't agree at all.  He always had to know that Antino and Noah would likely be playing in front of him until he was a Senior.  

But that had to be a blow when Keith started him this year, then removed him and replaced him with Ivey.....a spot that he would never get back again the rest of the season.