2017 G David Collins

10 minutes ago, ZachTheZip said:

So, did he get an offer to Akron, or to Duquesne? :ninja:

:lol: I was thinking it'd be odd for KD to offer a kid if he's thinking about bolting.  But, I guess much stranger things happen in college athletics.

Here is a video of him scoring 31 points against the nation's #2 ranked team - Findlay Prep.  

Apparently David is from Youngstown, but played prep ball for First Love Christian Academy in Pittsburgh.  He played AAU ball for All-Ohio Red.

Verbal Commits also list offers from Washington State, Fordham, and K.e.nt :puke:

Edited by Blue & Gold

9 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

:lol: I was thinking it'd be odd for KD to offer a kid if he's thinking about bolting.  

That's exactly what I was thinking.

And....I think that also could tell us that he didn't make a trip to Pittsburgh just to hear Duquesne's latest sales pitch.  

• 4 weeks later...

Per another thread:

4 minutes ago, ziplock said:

NextUpRecruits‏ @NextUpRecruits Apr 19

2017 First Love Christian (PA) G David Collins will take an official visit to Akron this weekend. @Dcloading

Adam Zagoria‏ @AdamZagoria Apr 19

2017 G David Collins will take an official visit to Akron this weekend @Dcloading

Go JG.  Go Zips!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I'd love to know what KD is saying to recruits to persuade them not to attend UA.

"Like, look at their schedule in the last decade, do you really want to play teams like Coppin State and Adrian? Right?" kd_head.png

• Like 7

David Collins retweeted a poll on which school people think he will go to. He must be coming to Akron because we love those here on ZipsNation. By the way, Akron is losing, :( 

Also, I don't put too much weight on these countdowns, press conferences, etc. It's a big day, getting accepted to a school or picking a school -- it's something that should be celebrated and enjoyed. Has media taken it too far? Probably, but that's what they have to do or they wouldn't be relevant. They need to drive attention.

Edited by Jalapeño Zippy