Search For The Next Head Coach

LZIp

8 minutes ago, morris buttermaker said:

I do not believe any permission is needed to contact other schools coaches.... at one time it was a courtesy, but that's it.

It can save a coach from ruffling feathers.  Say a guy like Jamion Christian wants to see what's out there but doesn't want it to appear like he is looking to go anywhere to his AD/players/donors/fans.  A search firm can act as that "middle man" for coaches in this spot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

It can save a coach from ruffling feathers.  Say a guy like Jamion Christian wants to see what's out there but doesn't want it to appear like he is looking to go anywhere to his AD/players/donors/fans.  A search firm can act as that "middle man" for coaches in this spot.

That's true.. I was responding to the fact that it is allowed

• Like 1

While I was trying to find any more rumblings on twitter about the next 48 hours, I came across this:

I know this isn't Akron related, but for me, I may be watching if this turns to be a dumpster fire or a genius hire to see if this starts a trend on the Women's side.

Edited by mes102

1 hour ago, ROCK1 said:

Schools go through coaches' agents. That way a coach can say he hasn't been contacted.

I should have mentioned this earlier as well.  Many coaches have agents.  And to make all of this activity seam even more "disloyal" than people already think it is, these guys are always looking for better opportunities for the coaches they work for.