Duquesne Basketball Coach Keith Dambrot

Coach Dambrot at Duquesne  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Seeing that coach Dambrot left Akron out of frustration citing the lack of NCAA bids, how many NCAA trips do you expect him to make at Duquesne?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

I literally just posted an example of a Duquesne recruit saying KD's Akron streak factored into their decision.  Dylan Swingle mentioned it as well.

Did you not understand my response? As it has become cliche to post "blessed" every time an offer is received or a commitment is made, it might have become cliche to mention the consecutive 20+ win seasons. 

To quote my own post from earlier in the season, "They will still struggle this year until they get some big additions next season".  Or something like that.  

They've still surprisingly doubled their conference wins from a year ago, and have done some things they haven't done in a long time, with a very depleted lineup.  I think they've definitely done enough to show that they're pretty close to competing again in that league.  Pretty impressive to see them emerging from the shadows of winning only 3 league games last year.    Not sure if Keith has enough pieces right now to put together one of his classic conference tournament runs, but it obviously wouldn't surprise me.  

• Like 1

:rofl:

Sorry, I was just thinking, "What if Groce, the coach of AKRON, got the benefit of the doubt during a 6 game losing streak, losing 10 of their last 13 in a very down conference?"

Reading the Duquesne board, the Dukes aren't finishing strong, emulative at times of Dambrot's time at Akron. Meanwhile, Akron has become stronger as we've approached the end of the season with a much more depleted roster, and the Dambrot/Duquesne supporters on this board struggle to give Groce any support/positive remarks. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

:rofl:

Sorry, I was just thinking, "What if Groce, the coach of AKRON, got the benefit of the doubt during a 6 game losing streak, losing 10 of their last 13 in a very down conference?"

Reading the Duquesne board, the Dukes aren't finishing strong, emulative at times of Dambrot's time at Akron. Meanwhile, Akron has become stronger as we've approached the end of the season with a much more depleted roster, and the Dambrot/Duquesne supporters on this board struggle to give Groce any support/positive remarks. 

We're 2-7 over our last 9.

It's amazing how delusion people are when they are determined to double down on their mission.  

Akron has become stronger as we've approached the end of the season

Dukes aren't finishing strong, emulative at times of Dambrot's time at Akron.

In  the last 12 seasons, we failed to make it to the MAC Championship Game only 3 times.

And in ALL of those 3 seasons, we made it to the Semifinal.  

Yet, you'll insist on criticizing that (see above), while simultaneously demanding that we praise this current "becoming stronger" Akron team?

I want what you're smoking.  

• Haha 1

For those interested, I took a look at Duquesne's outlook for 2018-2019.  I have admittedly not seen some of these players play before, so I'm guessing on a lot of this, but I don't see much PT for Dunn-Martin.  Williams Jr. and Lewis are the Dukes' leading scorers this year as a freshman and a sophomore respectively, so I'd expect they'll continue to play.  Frankie Hughes and Craig Randall are both transferring in, and I'd expect both to be ahead of TDM.  It will also be interesting to see who the scholarships go to...by my count they have 16 players for next year.  My guess is that's my error, but maybe they really do have a roster crunch.  I'd expect them to be pretty good starting next year.  

image.png

Edited by UAZip0510
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

200w.webp

Always interesting when someone posts something like this, knowing they clicked on a thread titled, "Duquesne Basketball Coach Keith Dambrot" and took the time to post about just how little they care.  :lol:

Some people do care and are interesting to follow KD's progression at Duquesne, for various reasons.  If you don't, that's cool.  Just don't click on the thread next time. :thumb:

12 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

Always interesting when someone posts something like this, knowing they clicked on a thread titled, "Duquesne Basketball Coach Keith Dambrot" and took the time to post about just how little they care.  :lol:

Exactly.   And the same ones who say that just keep coming back.  :lol:

• Like 1