Sign in to follow this  
Valpo Zip

Duquesne Basketball Coach Keith Dambrot

Coach Dambrot at Duquesne  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Seeing that coach Dambrot left Akron out of frustration citing the lack of NCAA bids, how many NCAA trips do you expect him to make at Duquesne?

I'll be getting my shots in all season long. Don't get so worked up about it, Akron isn't good enough for the "Akron man".

I really don't see a joke about Dambrot losing weird early noncoference games as trying to degrade him or "turn him into a villian". The fact that we won so many games last season just proves further how bad the YSU loss was. Its certainly true that Akron always seemed to have one really bad effort early in the year. I can think of the Green Bay game off of the top of my head as another recent example. No need to be so uptight. 

• Like 1

I'm confused...Akron "won the MAC every year?"  I'm pretty sure the last time we were MAC Champions was in 2013 (4-long seasons ago).  That's winning the MAC as far as i'm concerned.  I know we're splitting hairs here, but winning the MAC in the regular season literally means nothing when you subsequently lose the conference championship game, or don't even make it that far in the Tournament.  It's sad but true.

I will equally be critical of Groce if he drops a game against cupcakes.  So far, it hasn't happened.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skip-zip said:

The circumstances don't matter.  You know there were a few Dambrot haters here who were watching Duquesne's game results closely, so they could find another reason to come here and hammer on on the guy again.  

I in no way, shape or form was ever, or am now, a Dambrot hater.  For the Record. ;)  Just stating the obvious.

14 hours ago, Balsy said:

A Keith Dambrot led team losing an early season game against a team it probably has no business losing to?  What!?!?

And shooting 65.5% from the line to boot. :rolleyes::puke:

Assuming our current free throw percentage trend continues, I won't miss the days of 60% being the norm. It's incredible the night-and-day difference in fundamentals so far...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Willis Drummond said:

Life is way too short for me to check for the Duquesne score.  I wish Keith the best but I couldn’t care less about his career with the Dukes.  I even heard that LeBron James stopped following him on Twitter.

And yet you have time to read and post here in the KD thread...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Willis Drummond said:

Life is way too short for me to check for the Duquesne score.  I wish Keith the best but I couldn’t care less about his career with the Dukes.  I even heard that LeBron James stopped following him on Twitter.

I appreciate the proper use of "too" and "couldn't care." :D. Keep posting!

From Duquesne men's basketball site ...

"Duquesne, which took a 48-47 lead on a Verhoeven tip-in with just under nine minutes to go, missed seven consecutive shots over the next eight minutes as Robert Morris built a 61-53 lead."

L-O-N-G scoring droughts happened a bit too often for my liking in the past under Dambrot.

Have to say I'm enjoying the fresh start so far. It appears that we have enough talent to be entertaining if not competitive until Groce and his staff build out their entire bench.

5 hours ago, Bruce Willis Drummond said:

LeBron still follows him and they remain close.  Duquesne became a LeBron/Nike basketball school almost immediately after KD accepted.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LZIp said:

I'll be getting my shots in all season long. Don't get so worked up about it, Akron isn't good enough for the "Akron man".

Silliness.

44 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

Silliness.

It's like most of our friends when they get a new girlfriend.  They instantly convince themselves that everything their ex did was bad.  And they become convinced in the early stages of their new relationship that everything the new girlfriend does is better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LZIp said:

Are we experiencing a #WarOnAkronMen now?   :rofl:  smh.