Antino

3 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Well it's complicated. He first will be a #loboforlife for a year and then he can resume #zipforlife status

Ok.  Thanks.  So you are saying he will be like Marcus and as soon as the college career is over, he will revert back to previous school identity.  Gotcha!

https://twitter.com/JamalMarcus34

• 10 months later...
12 hours ago, ZIPS96 said:

Just saw Antino walk off the court in tears after another conference championship game loss.

FYI - They were picked to finish DEAD LAST in the Mountain West this year.  They finished 3rd, and made it all the way to the tournament championship game.  I'm sure he's quite happy that he got to be a part of such an incredible run to finish his career.   

So, I'd guess his emotion may have had a lot more to do with realizing that he had just played his last college basketball game.

I saw the box score and he led his team in points, had numerous assists and rebounds.  Of the 3 guards that we lost, Antino was by far the best when it came down to tournament time.  He was real competitor in the clutch.  Even though he left I feel bad that he never got to play in the NCAA tournament.

6 hours ago, Zip44 said:

Antino is a nice kid, respectful, has positive attitude. I am happy for him & wish him well.

Actually, he was a SUPER nice kid.  I wish him only the best in what he pursues in his life, and I thank him for the way he represented the UofA, and the exciting memories he gave us watching him on the court.    

2 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

Didn't he have to sit out this year?

He was a grad transfer like Malcolm was for us.

His transferring out really hurt our team.  We could have had an electric, experienced veteran running the PG spot & it would have enabled Malcolm to play off the ball at a more natural 2G spot.  That would have made a world of difference, IMHO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

He was a grad transfer like Malcolm was for us.

His transferring out really hurt our team.  We could have had an electric, experienced veteran running the PG spot & it would have enabled Malcolm to play off the ball at a more natural 2G spot.  That would have made a world of difference, IMHO.

100% agree. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

20 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Having Antino might have added a few regular season wins, but at the end of the day we still wouldn't have had the depth nor talent at the bigs to compete this season.

If getting to the dance was indeed his goal, he certainly had a better chance of doing it where he ended up then he would have with the Zips in a transition year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Having Antino might have added a few regular season wins, but at the end of the day we still wouldn't have had the depth nor talent at the bigs to compete this season.

We would have at least reached the MAC tourney semi finals. All bets would have been off from there.