Antino

I understand why Josh wants to go play with his brother.  He has 2 years left of eligability.  I understand why Dunn Martin wants to follow KD to Pittsburgh, he has 3 years left of eligability.   However, I am still hopeful that Antino will stay after Akron gets a coach.  He only has 1 year left of eligability and would have to sit out a year unless he has enough credits to graduate.  Also, he has not announced a school so it does not look like he has a defininate plan on where he wants to go.  

Hopefully, after Akron gets a coach, he will give some consideration to staying.  He would have the opportunity to play next year, add to his 1000 point career at Akron and finish out his senior year with his teammates.  I really think this may be his best decision in order to further his playing career after he graduates Akron.

1981 grad....I'm actually surprised that he made this decision before the new coach came in too, considering his situation.  He has to sit 1 year with only 1 year left to play.  That's a very unusual transfer situation, especially if the coach who has already left was part/all of the problem for him.  

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

1981 grad....I'm actually surprised that he made this decision before the new coach came in too, considering his situation.  He has to sit 1 year with only 1 year left to play.  That's a very unusual transfer situation, especially if the coach who has already left was part/all of the problem for him.  

It sounds like an impulsive decision to me.  He is probably hurt that KD is leaving.

34 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

It sounds like an impulsive decision to me.  He is probably hurt that KD is leaving.

It wouldn't seem to be that he had an issue with the coach, if he didn't leave until after the coach was gone.  

It's funny, because I always thought Keith was particularly tough on him.  But you could be right.  

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

I think Keith's toughness on him was a good thing. His maturity on the court is light-years ahead of what it was his freshman season.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good thing.  You just don't know how a player is going to take it.  But based on what we know, the fact that he left after Keith exited probably doesn't indicate that it was their relationship that made him transfer.  

Remember: Keith always claimed to be the hardest on his best players, and that included LeBron.  

16 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Wow!  He's gone to Houston per Verbal Commits!

Z.I.P., I don't see on that site where it says he's transferring to Houston.  I could be missing it, but I only see where they announce Antino is, indeed, transferring; not his destination.  (Though UH would make a lot of sense.)

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Z.I.P., I don't see on that site where it says he's transferring to Houston.  I could be missing it, but I only see where they announce Antino is, indeed, transferring; not his destination.  (Though UH would make a lot of sense.)

Sorry -- it was a response to that original tweet (Don't you HATE Twitter!?)  Hope below works!

Scroll to third tweet:  https://twitter.com/weakontheAnswer

Hunter Yurachek: "So what kind of player is Antino Jackson? Can he help us?"

Keith Dambrot: "Good little guard. Senior. He's not a world-beater, but he'll be good for 20 minutes per night for you. I'd recommend you take him."

And the Tweet soon followed....

Hope Noah's knee is solid, cuz he's gonna play 40 minutes every night next season.

46 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Hunter Yurachek: "So what kind of player is Antino Jackson? Can he help us?"

Keith Dambrot: "Good little guard. Senior. He's not a world-beater, but he'll be good for 20 minutes per night for you. I'd recommend you take him."

And the Tweet soon followed....

Hope Noah's knee is solid, cuz he's gonna play 40 minutes every night next season.

If he's here.

• 3 weeks later...