Possible Late Additions

wadszip

58 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

He is being heavily recruited. Don't know if we have a shot.

Maybe, if JC can promise him a starting guard spot which is quite possible

Who's JC? I hope you meant JG. Because if it's JC(Jim Christian) recruiting for us, we're not getting him :P

Edited by mes102

NextUpRecruits‏ @NextUpRecruits Apr 19

2017 First Love Christian (PA) G David Collins will take an official visit to Akron this weekend. @Dcloading

Adam Zagoria‏ @AdamZagoria Apr 19

2017 G David Collins will take an official visit to Akron this weekend @Dcloading

Go JG.  Go Zips!!

4 minutes ago, ziplock said:

NextUpRecruits‏ @NextUpRecruits Apr 19

2017 First Love Christian (PA) G David Collins will take an official visit to Akron this weekend. @Dcloading

Adam Zagoria‏ @AdamZagoria Apr 19

2017 G David Collins will take an official visit to Akron this weekend @Dcloading

Go JG.  Go Zips!!

Sounds like the in home visit this week went well.

Apparently so......the kid looks like a backcourt baller with length.  Max Preps shows him as 6'4 202.  Don't know about he level of competition he played against but one service shows him as the 8th best in his position in PA.  I think he is originally from Youngstown so family support is just up the road I would guess.

14 minutes ago, Jalapeño Zippy said:

Until RobotHAM speaks on Noah, we are just speculating.

I totally understand people getting bits of information about things, whether they share them truthfully or not, or whether they choose to share them at all.  Many of us participate, work with, or have relationships within the University.  

But this situation is different.  I don't think anyone can really claim to know what another human being is thinking.  My own wife probably couldn't even tell you what I am thinking most of the time :D  

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Skip I don't think anyone wants to know what you are thinking :lol:

That made me laugh.  So many posts leave the door open to a smart a$$ reply, right?

1 hour ago, mes102 said:

Skip better be thinking about the location of those Zippy cookies :thumb:

Man, I thought I had learned many years ago never to volunteer to do anything.  :wall:

Hopefully I will make some progress with my investigative work this weekend, if I see some of the people I expect to see.  :thumb:

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mes102 said:

Skip better be thinking about the location of those Zippy cookies :thumb:

Yeah get to it and stop thinking about what most men are thinking .... sex and beer, altho' maybe not in that order. :D

• Like 1

I'll throw this one out there from the Eddie Reece thread on the recruiting board. Former Garfield Heights (class of 2012 standout) Tony Farmer is rated the 4th best JUCO prospect in the nation. He has a lot of baggage ... was sentenced to three years in prison out as a senior for a domestic incident with his girlfriend. If has proven that was a one-time mistake, I wouldn't be against giving him a second chance. 

Oh boy.  I'm not sure why you stated that it has been "proven" that it was a one-time mistake.  That would certainly be the hope of whoever takes a chance on him.  Judges don't like to levy that kind of penalty on someone so young with a promising future, so obviously the details were very serious.  It was multiple serious charges too.  My hunch would be that nobody notable would go out on that limb.  I hope he continues on the right track.