Jimond Ivey

wadszip

15 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

Oh, I definitely agree. But I am just saying that Ivey's game has improved so much even since last year when I thought he struggled driving the lane and handling the ball. So kudos to Ivey for putting in the work.  :thumb:

...and kudos to NWAkron.

He still struggles with ball handling, but he has adapted to that weakness, putting himself in positions when he does drive or back his defender down, to minimize that weakness. 

Ivey frustrates the hell out of me sometimes, but his growth has been fantastic. I'm most impressed by his demeanor. He had a hot head last year, and is able to control his emotions much, much better this year. Kudos to him and the coaching staff on working with him. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 9:03 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I love LePear & enjoyed watching him in high school. But Ivey’s on a different level than LePear right now.

Isn't this kind of an insult to both Jimond and LaPear.  

LaPear has been injured and not available for games and has missed significant months of practice since the back injury this summer.  I assume LaPear will make this a red shirt season and hope his back improves in the off season.

Jimond is having a senior season we all hoped for.  Comparing him to an injured team member is not a true compliment.

52 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

Isn't this kind of an insult to both Jimond and LaPear.  

LaPear has been injured and not available for games and has missed significant months of practice since the back injury this summer.  I assume LaPear will make this a red shirt season and hope his back improves in the off season.

Jimond is having a senior season we all hoped for.  Comparing him to an injured team member is not a true compliment.

I wasn't complementing Ivey.  I was trying to say that if LePear is playing even close to the level Ivey is come his senior year, I'll be very pleasantly surprised.  LePear has a lack of self-confidence Ivey never did.  LePear has a tendency to hang out beyond the 3-line & he didn't start driving to the hoop even against high school competition until the state tournament of his senior year.  That's just my prognostication and of course I hope I'm wrong.

• 2 years later...
On 10/23/2021 at 9:40 PM, ZipsBurgh said:

Jimond Ivey got drafted in the G League Draft by the Rio Grande Valley Vipers

E7D13CDC-2300-4A1B-9B3C-24AEFC8070A6.png

I doubt being Mr. Irrelevant in the G League comes with anywhere near the perks of holding the same title in the NFL Draft, but being drafted is still awesome, nonetheless. Congrats to Jimond. He's the type of guy that possesses the work ethic and ability to improve enough to get a call up to the NBA. 

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I doubt being Mr. Irrelevant in the G League comes with anywhere near the perks of holding the same title in the NFL Draft, but being drafted is still awesome, nonetheless. Congrats to Jimond. He's the type of guy that possesses the work ethic and ability to improve enough to get a call up to the NBA. 

The final pick.  That's cool in an of itself.  Happy for him that he's back in the U.S.  Would love to hear his take on Luxembourg.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...