Spring Game Atendance

Zipmlady

1 hour ago, UAZippers said:

Before it was closed down in 2015(?). The Pie Factory in Quaker Square made all of the Zippy cookies. I guess I have never thought about where they come from now. I would assume just general Catering Services through the university.

Isn't University Food Services now located in that building?  That might all make sense now.  That was always my first guess as to the origin of the cookies.

1 hour ago, 72 Roo said:

Skip, I can't think of a higher calling than to discover the source of these cookies. God speed you in your mission. You are carrying the hopes and dreams of our ZNO community and generations of Zips now and in the future. FWIW I have it on good authority that Pope Francis is trying to find these cookies for the Vatican coffee shop.

I feel the weight on my shoulders.  I will do my best.  :rofl:

On 4/17/2017 at 8:33 AM, skip-zip said:

It appears that my "agenda" must have caused thousands of people to decide not to use their 82,000 "distributed" tickets on Saturday in Cowlumbus :lol:   

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/watch-joey-bosa-ezekiel-elliott-honored-ohio-state-spring-game

The poster on this board who jumps at the chance to defend a competitor at every opportunity, and insists that we focus on "just the facts", might have wanted to heed the warning I issued in a previous post about fan enthusiasm for Spring Games being affected by bad finishes to the previous season.  It even happens at the almighty Ohio Stadium.  

Yes, it's too bad that several side sections were closed for renovations.  It looks like all of these people packed into the end zone seats like sardines in the video could have really used those seats :lol:

Shoot I wish we had that problem 

And FYI 

Edited by dre22era

On 4/17/2017 at 8:53 AM, kreed5120 said:

:bow:

Edit: 4) 80,000 tickets sold at $5 a piece means OSU, not including concessions nor parking, made $400,000 off of a spring practice.

How about we focus less on what a team 2 hours south of us, whom we have no chance of ever catching, and focus more on our team along with our peer competitors.

One more time. ?????????

6 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I feel the weight on my shoulders.  I will do my best.  :rofl:

The fate of western civilization depends on your success! Speaking of Western Civ did anyone have Dr. David Reide for that class? I'm sure he must have talked about the immense contribution of Zip cookies to the betterment of our lives.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

The fate of western civilization depends on your success! Speaking of Western Civ did anyone have Dr. David Reide for that class? I'm sure he must have talked about the immense contribution of Zip cookies to the betterment of our lives.

Did you really graduate in 72 ?  If so, I don't know how you remember your professor's name in one of those general requirement classes.  I took those classes about 35 years ago.  No way do I remember that anymore.  

But I DO remember this......wasn't it Western Culture and Eastern Civ.?

3 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Did you really graduate in 72 ?  If so, I don't know how you remember your professor's name in one of those general requirement classes.  I took those classes about 35 years ago.  No way do I remember that anymore.  

But I DO remember this......wasn't it Western Culture and Eastern Civ.?

Yes, it's Western Cult, which were a couple of the best (and most hated to some) courses I took at Akron. They colored in 5000 years of history, which I still draw on today (A's in both - a thank you!). I will be in attendance on Sat., with #1 Zips fan (longtime season ticket holder to all sports) and Akron grad, Ron from Canton. I will be looking at line play and team camaraderie.      

Edited by UA1987
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Two semesters of Eastern Civ. and Two semesters of Western Culture were general requirements in the early 80's.   Has that changed?

Shh don't tell them I skipped it, they might come back and take my diploma away. :) If you were part of the honors program you did not have to take them.

3 hours ago, UA1987 said:

Yes, it's Western Cult, which were a couple of the best (and most hated to some) courses I took at Akron. They colored in 5000 years of history, which I still draw on today (A's in both - a thank you!). I will be in attendance on Sat., with #1 Zips fan (longtime season ticket holder to all sports) and Akron grad, Ron from Canton. I will be looking at line play and team camaraderie.      

Zook Hall lecture hall. Geesh those classes were boring. I didn't care about the art or any other part of it.

They were almost as bad as MUM with Dr Hockman. He would talk about how only KSU grads could divide and multiply by 0 and not end up with 0. Then show his bare feet when the camera panned down. LOL

Zook Hall.  Memories.

Did anyone ever have a class in the East Hall lecture hall?  The lighting was very poor.  I had a math class there taught by Dr. George L. Szoke who would start a petition around the room for better lighting. . . every class.  This got to be a running joke.  People started signing fake names to the petition like Oliver Closeoff, Betty Humpter, Peter Gozinya, etc. and it was pretty funny to read when it circulated around to you.  Before long, people started making their own petitions and sending them around.  Petitions like "Petition to get Dr. Szoke a new toupee" and what not.

Not sure how this thread has gotten so far off track but it's been good for a couple of laughs.

Edited by K92
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I'm happy to hear that a couple of you have fonder memories of those classes that I did.  Good for you :D

I'm a tweener, I enjoyed Western Cult and hated Eastern Civ. Got good grades in both. Keep after those cookies. The fate of the world depends on your success in unlocking the secret.

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

What ever happened to Jack Mehoff and Harry Ballszack?  Were they not in that class?.  

Pretty sure they made an appearance.  Harry P. Ness, Connie Lingus, Hugh G. Rection, Sharon Peters, Sofonda Cox, Heywood Jablowmee, Wilma Dickfitt and Dick Hertz were all in that class.  I think I even saw John Handcock a couple of times.

2 hours ago, Buckzip said:

Zook Hall lecture hall. Geesh those classes were boring. I didn't care about the art or any other part of it.

They were almost as bad as MUM with Dr Hockman. He would talk about how only KSU grads could divide and multiply by 0 and not end up with 0. Then show his bare feet when the camera panned down. LOL

I now like the guy!

12 minutes ago, K92 said:

Pretty sure they made an appearance.  Harry P. Ness, Connie Lingus, Hugh G. Rection, Sharon Peters, Sofonda Cox, Heywood Jablowmee, Wilma Dickfitt and Dick Hertz were all in that class.  I think I even saw John Handcock a couple of times.

Looks like you got em all covered now.  :lol:

28 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Keep after those cookies. The fate of the world depends on your success in unlocking the secret.

Dude, This is way too much pressure.  B)

On 4/20/2017 at 11:17 AM, K92 said:

Zook Hall.  Memories.

Did anyone ever have a class in the East Hall lecture hall?  The lighting was very poor.  I had a math class there taught by Dr. George L. Szoke who would start a petition around the room for better lighting. . . every class.  This got to be a running joke.  People started signing fake names to the petition like Oliver Closeoff, Betty Humpter, Peter Gozinya, etc. and it was pretty funny to read when it circulated around to you.  Before long, people started making their own petitions and sending them around.  Petitions like "Petition to get Dr. Szoke a new toupee" and what not.

Not sure how this thread has gotten so far off track but it's been good for a couple of laughs.

I remember Szoke, as I had him for Calculus and Diffy Q.  He would also implore all the guys to forget the girls...he would say "You have to MARRY Math, to be a good engineer...forget the girls!"  Title 9 was NOT around back then...

On a more footballsy note....has anyone seen the rosters fo tomorrow yet?  GoZips.com said they would be announced today....or are they not writing today 'cause it's Friday?