Spring Game Atendance

Zipmlady

On 4/22/2017 at 9:58 PM, Blue & Gold said:

To be honest I wasn't watching very closely.  I was mostly visiting w/ two friends I brought trying to introduce them to Zips football.

Did our two new LB's play?  Jamal Davis & James King?  If so, how did they look?

And did WR Nate Stewart Play?

Stewart is injured. 

• Like 1

I didn't take much from the game besides the fact the WR corps looks weak (as expected), but Stewart, Wolf, Gladney, and Young weren't out there. Smith/Coney/Chapman all look serviceable but I think that's it. Too many drops. It is probably wishful thinking, but I hope Dre Williams can come in and contribute. George looks like a stud out there at CB (body wise). Dailey looked as good as advertised. 

12 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

To be honest I wasn't watching very closely.  I was mostly visiting w/ two friends I brought trying to introduce them to Zips football.

Did our two new LB's play?  Jamal Davis & James King?  If so, how did they look?

And did WR Nate Stewart Play?

Yes on James King, and he had an interception at the 5 to break up a drive by the Blue team....no on Jamal Davis nor Nate Stewart.  One other player I failed to mention earlier was Dailey on defense.  Had a couple big-time hits....unfortunately it was on his teammates.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I always wonder why they don't do a few simple things to make Spring games more entertaining for the fans.  For instance, at the Iowa State Spring game, they had an elaborate system for scoring throughout the scrimmage and put the score on the scoreboard, but they didn't inform anyone about the scoring system.  Nothing on the roster sheet, nothing before the scrimmage, nothing from the announcer.  

Or even take a few minutes and do some of the "best on best" drills like they do in recruitment camps.  

Or tell the audience what plays they are running and explain a few defensive sets to help people know what to watch.  

And invite everyone on to the field afterwards for a pep talk from the head coach.  Can you imagine all the kids taking a knee next to actual players?

We have a rabid fan base, but there are a ton of people at the Spring game with kids who don't necessarily have season tickets.  

40 minutes ago, Cykron said:

I always wonder why they don't do a few simple things to make Spring games more entertaining for the fans.  For instance, at the Iowa State Spring game, they had an elaborate system for scoring throughout the scrimmage and put the score on the scoreboard, but they didn't inform anyone about the scoring system.  Nothing on the roster sheet, nothing before the scrimmage, nothing from the announcer.  

Or even take a few minutes and do some of the "best on best" drills like they do in recruitment camps.  

Or tell the audience what plays they are running and explain a few defensive sets to help people know what to watch.  

And invite everyone on to the field afterwards for a pep talk from the head coach.  Can you imagine all the kids taking a knee next to actual players?

We have a rabid fan base, but there are a ton of people at the Spring game with kids who don't necessarily have season tickets.  

They do more of those activities on fan appreciation day.

3 hours ago, Cykron said:

"Tons of People at the Spring Game?"  If every person there weighed a pound, we would have had a ton and three quarters....:lol: