2017 6'11 C Mark Kostelac IMG Academy

• Zip Watcher changed the title to 2017 6'11 C Mark Kostelac IMG Academy

The tiny bit of video I've seen leads me to suspect that he has yet to develop a taste for contact.  He might not try to avoid it, but he doesn't seem to relish it either.  Given the way that most D-1 college games are played these days, post players with finesse and touch are not valued.  Regardless of whether that's right or wrong, it just is.

Unless a 6'11" player is equally aggressive, he can be neutralized, if not controlled, by a 6'8" opponent who plays at the edge of the way the game is officiated.

Kostelac, Formerly of Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin, to Attend Akron – By Nate Barnes, The News-Herald

– full article found here –

AR-170509820.jpg

.... a foot fracture, which required the insertion of a four-inch screw to heal properly, cost him valuable recruiting time in the summer of 2015. While he had interest from West Virginia, Dayton, Cleveland State, Kent State and other schools, Kostelac was advised by some of those coaches a postgraduate season would properly ready him for the college game.

... he knows what seemingly everyone says about the players IMG sends to the next level is true. “They’re gigantic steps ahead of everyone else on the freshman level,” Kostelac said. “They gave us the right habits and taught us how to take care of our body and prolong our career and all that stuff, then just how to work with or without a coach in the gym.”

Kostelac is ahead in the classroom, too. He attended classes at South Florida and already has a semester’s worth of college credit completed.

...“I really think this next year or the year after that you’ll see us in the tournament,” Kostelac said. “That’s for sure. I want to win the MAC, and I don’t know the guys real well because it’s all new to me, but it’s really a great group. Really talented, athletic. I don’t see a reason we shouldn’t make it.”

• Like 4