2017 G Eric Hester - Florida Transfer

3 minutes ago, tpsjugglerdude said:

Looks like another solid PG. ESPN and Scout had him as a 3 star out of HS, while Rivals had him as a 4 star.

-6'10 wingspan sounds great.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/eric-hester

http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9821

Can't really fault him for not getting playing time on a very talented Florida team. If he was good enough for Florida, he is good enough for me.

12 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Quite an impressive offer list. The only thing I don't like about all of these guys is that they aren't eligible this season, and well, we kind of need some bodies for this year too.

We have 10 scholarship players that can play next season. I see no harm in having 1 player that has to sit out 1 year. We'd still have 2 more scholarships to play with. 

29 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

We have 10 scholarship players that can play next season. I see no harm in having 1 player that has to sit out 1 year. We'd still have 2 more scholarships to play with. 

Definitely. I'm even fine with 2 sitting out if they're worth it. I just hope we don't end up leaning on 1 PG who is a freshman. There isn't even a back up.

On 4/27/2017 at 1:31 PM, kreed5120 said:

If he was good enough for Florida, he is good enough for me.

I think that's pretty much what we all said when we got Forsythe to transfer here too.  In theory, a transfer "down" should be a great benefit to us.  You just hope you get the kid that's hungry to prove himself again and really wants to be a team player, and not the kid who still has his high school ego and feels entitled because he still thinks he's too good to be playing at a place like Akron.  

I think this is one of the two guys from the new crop (along with Patton) that have the potential to be important offensive contributors for us in the future.  I hope I'm right.  We'll see how they develop.   

• Like 1

So I guess our Groce-ry shopping is done for the year. Gotta give him some credit looks like he pulled in a pretty good class in a very short time. Really interested to see how this season plays out (though I'm not wishing for November to roll around any time soon :-))

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Who?  Dre?  We KNOW where he is....Trollsville!

No, Hester. 

Didn't even know Dre posted - the beauty of the Block Button. Admins should look into a "Send To Duquesne Forum" button, that takes troll posts from ZN and posts them to the Duquesne message board instead. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...