2018 recruiting

Dad is head coach at Jackson HS...played for Hiram.  Coached at Norton early in his career.  I think maybe Stow High grad?  Dunno.  Got hiis Masters at Akron.  

Colin looks pretty young, bit is a Columbus Crew Academy player....

looking forward to seeing him this next scolastic year to see what we have...

• Like 1

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/us-u17-residency-defender-commits_aid41845?utm_source=TopDrawerSoccer+Newsletter&utm_campaign=8240ba0b02-TDS-RR-5-11-17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8340315a79-8240ba0b02-32963477

The New York product is the No. 38 ranked player in the 2018 Boys IMG Academy Top 150. A member of the U.S. U17 Residency program this spring, Ritaccio earned a call-up to the roster for last year’s Nike Friendlies in Florida. His time at residency has limited him to three appearances

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome to another highly sought after soccer recruit.  Welcome, Sammy.

And I would also like to say that Jonathan Lewis is one very classy, super nice young man.  Jonathan replied back to the newest recruit.  Joining a legendary program.  Congrats.

Sammy, looking forward to seeing you on Cub Cadet field in fall 2018.  it appears that this young man is with Real Salt Lake Academy now and has spent time with the Canadian national team.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Class of 2021?  Am I right on that?

Apparently. I had no idea when I posted last night. All I had found was his tweet/twitter profile, which has no detail. I found this this morning...

http://za.soccerway.com/players/jason-shokalook/510456/

Birthdate... 30 Sep 2002

https://www.prep-villa.com/mobile.cfm?p=873&teamID=127&view=c

Assistant Varsity Soccer Coach: Mark Shokalook  

Coach Shokalook is entering his 7th season as a Varsity Assistant Coach. Shokalook, a native of Strongsville Ohio, played Collegiate soccer at Mercyhurst College, where he was a team captain.

Shokalook has coaching experience with the Erie Strikers and the last three seasons with the Erie Admirals Soccer Club, where his is also a co-owner. Mark is married to Carrie and has two sons, Nathan (Prep ’18) and Jason (Prep ’21).

Edited by Zip_ME87

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Any info on him?

Jordan Seaman

@jordan_seaman

·

Dec 5

I have decided to continue my academic and soccer career at The University of Akron. Thank you to all of my family, coaches, teammates, and friends. I am blessed and thankful for all of you. #GoZips #YCBU

class of 2020

from the city of Stow (not that there is anything wrong with that)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

What chew laffin' 'bout bufflobo?

I lived in Munroe Falls for some time. 

I have family (on both sides) living in Stow. 

I know the area very well.

And TennZip is a proud graduate of Workman HS, the former S/MF HS.

At the intersection of Darrow Road and Graham Road, there is plaza containing Marcs and some other stores.

That is where Workman HS used to be, back in the Middle Ages when TennZip was enjoying his 7 years.

16 hours ago, TennZip said:

class of 2020

from the city of Stow (not that there is anything wrong with that)

So this young man, and I mean young, is pretty gifted.  Doesn’t play HS soccer, just for Internationals.  Kinda shortish, but skilled on and off the ball.  Is very intelligent, seems quick.  Probably a left-side fullback....fits Zips style.  Bulldogs probably would love to have him....but the verbal commit probably will nix any chances...

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 4:23 PM, zippyfan34 said:

I am hoping for 1 or 2 more kids from Portugal (hopefully like Joao) for 2018.  I thought I heard one of the assistants may have been over there recruiting some more a few months back.

Leo Chappel has been very busy on the road since the season ended, and his travels are going to pay off handsomely, I am confident.  Yes, in Portugal, among other locales.  Looks like a number of incoming players will be eligible to play this upcoming spring season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :cheers:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Credit to MalonePioneer for spotting these recruits on top drawer soccer

does anyone know anything about 2 guys from internationals?

Class of 2018

M Ivan Nikolic (Sigma FC) committed to Akron.

M Nick McCausland (Internationals CS (OH)) committed to Akron.

Class of 2019

M Will Jackson (Internationals SC (OH)/Hudson) committed to Akron. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TennZip said:

Class of 2019

M Will Jackson (Internationals SC (OH)/Hudson) committed to Akron. 

I feel old when I see a kid from my son's class committing to a college. 

Will is an amazing athlete. If he didn't elect to focus on soccer he could be an all-state player in multiple sports. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I feel old when I see a kid from my son's class committing to a college. 

Will is an amazing athlete. If he didn't elect to focus on soccer he could be an all-state player in multiple sports. 

What are Will Jackson's other (potential) sports?  Do tell.