2018 recruiting

14 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

What are Will Jackson's other (potential) sports?  Do tell.

Like Will, my son is also a Junior at Hudson. They've both played in a school-sponsored rec basketball league over the winter. Will could dunk a basketball last year, as a Sophomore. That alone makes him unique among the local HS soccer standouts. Great shooter, and ball handler. From a competitive standpoint, he has no business playing in the rec basketball league ...he's head and shoulders above any of the other kids. If he wanted to be an all state Div 2 guard, he could do it.

He's the best athlete in the Hudson 2019 class. He lists at 5'10", 165. But he's a "thick" 165. Not the typical slender HS soccer player. He's strong. He could easily be an elite HS football running back or slot receiver too. 

For the Zips I think you'll see a player that is strong, aggressive and does things at a very high speed. Great coordination. Just a gifted athlete that happened to focus on soccer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Like Will, my son is also a Junior at Hudson. They've both played in a school-sponsored rec basketball league over the winter. Will could dunk a basketball last year, as a Sophomore. That alone makes him unique among the local HS soccer standouts. Great shooter, and ball handler. From a competitive standpoint, he has no business playing in the rec basketball league ...he's head and shoulders above any of the other kids. If he wanted to be an all state Div 2 guard, he could do it.

He's the best athlete in the Hudson 2019 class. He lists at 5'10", 165. But he's a "thick" 165. Not the typical slender HS soccer player. He's strong. He could easily be an elite HS football running back or slot receiver too. 

For the Zips I think you'll see a player that is strong, aggressive and does things at a very high speed. Great coordination. Just a gifted athlete that happened to focus on soccer. 

sounds super....thanks for sharing the "inside scoop"

• Like 1

Top Drawer Soccer now has caught up to Zipnation with an article titled:  "Akron Men's Soccer Land a
Trio of VerbalsAkron picked up three offensive-minded midfielders, adding depth to its strong recruiting class of 2018 & 2019."

However, it is restricted to paying customers! 

Edited by Z.I.P.

6 hours ago, malonepioneer12 said:

yes......signing day is Wednesday...Hopefully, Jared and group won't keep us in suspense

hope that the zips announce Mr. Biros, Mr. Tojaga, Mr. Rittacio.....and several guys named John in Portuguese (Joao !!!).....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Yes. I was a little nervous when I saw that tweet until I realized it referred to him as CrewSCAcademy’s Colin Biros. 

10 hours ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Did anyone see the new international recruits on TopDrawer Soccer?  Anyone know anything about them?  

I have been told that Daniel Olivieri or Daniel Oliviero is a right defensive back....

beyond...that , I am in the dark

Diogo Pacheco

Graduation Year: 2018

Position: Midfielder

Club Name: C.F. Os Belenenses

High School: N/A

Region: International

Daniel Olivieri

Position: Defender

Club Name: C.F. Os Belenenses

Marco Milanese

Position: Defender

Club Name: Napoli SC

City: Naples

• Thanks 1

that has to be the recruit shown on top drawer....

they list him as being with Belenenses...and the english translation shows that team

his comments are very heart-felt...seems like an appreciative young man

translation:

Without a doubt a walk that I will never forget throughout my life ... WE HAVE HISTORY (National Vice-Champions / Best Defense in the Country) ?? Nothing is impossible ... There are no words to describe what I felt throughout this time. We were a real family. "The union made the force" ?? Inhuman what we were able to do ... I want to thank all those who accompanied me throughout my training: to Odivelas, Sport Lisboa and Benfica and finally to Belenenses, this great a club that has welcomed me with great affection for almost 5 years. But this does not end here ... I'm focused on the present to achieve what I want in the future ? God enlighten me ??

• Thanks 2

I am EXCITED!  I have seen Biros play for years, and have also caught Tojaga play in four different matches.  I am very impressed with both, and like Biro's' style.  Jared nailed it in his description of Colin on GoZips.com.  He will be a good fit wherever, andis a great 'tweener.  And two Portugese???  Two Joaos would be great, but if we got a half a Joao from each that would equal one Joao (I love to say Joao!!!)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Google translation: @uakron destiny of two more Portuguese stars ... success to both, and take @ZipsMSoc to champions

:cheers::CK_brew::thumb:

Edited by Zip_ME87

I'm excited, too. These 10 players + the 3 players that joined for Spring 2018 + ??? (remember Joao joined in the fall with no prior announcement)  [I like saying Joao, too]

GO ZIPS!!!

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

https://www.rsl.com/post/2018/02/13/rsl-academy-seniors-sign-national-letters-intent

Seniors.jpg

Pictured from left to right: Glademir Mendoza, Eric Virgen, Jacob Jackson, Sam Tojaga, Zahir Vasquez.

Sammy Tojaga

MF Sammy Tojaga has committed to play college soccer at the storied University of Akron program. Tojaga has featured in 14 matches for the U-19s this season, starting on 11 occasions.

• Thanks 1