Sheriron Jones Tennessee QB Transferring

I'm usually excited about the thought of a transfer from a P5 but cannot get excited about the thought of this QB who was at best 3rd on the depth chart, sometimes 4th in a wide open race. I'd rather the scholly go somewhere else.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

I'm usually excited about the thought of a transfer from a P5 but cannot get excited about the thought of this QB who was at best 3rd on the depth chart, sometimes 4th in a wide open race. I'd rather the scholly go somewhere else.

I would ordinarily agree with you, but Tennessee is packed with talent at QB, right now. 

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Woodson aside, between Ramart, Nelson and Johns, we'd better have a starting QB for the next couple years, or someone really f'd up.

If we have an open scholarship, we need a Coe, Grice, Marcus, Capi...etc. Hopefully not a QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

I'm usually excited about the thought of a transfer from a P5 but cannot get excited about the thought of this QB who was at best 3rd on the depth chart, sometimes 4th in a wide open race. 

You mean, a 3rd or 4th string P5 player like Warren Ball?  Plenty of people here were excited about that situation (still are) and we knew we were only going to have him for one year.  We'd likely have a lot more to benefit from this situation, if we could get him.  

1 hour ago, zipsoutsider said:

He was a 4 star recruit by all of the major recruiting sites. If he can be a solid back-up or even a competitor, bring him in to camp.

I watched a four star transfer play QB for Akron last year. throwing-and-catching-ball-smiley-emotic

2 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

From what I have heard, we aren't going to win without Tommy. Scholarships have a way of opening up when they need  He was a 4 star recruit by all of the major recruiting sites. If he can be a solid back-up or even a competitor, bring him in to camp.

I've heard good things about Kato.  But he's young, and I'm sure the coaching staff would feel much better with a 5th year senior at the helm if Tommy's back to full health.

1 hour ago, blueandgold said:

I say, if we can get him to come here, why not? The higher the competition level at QB, the better chance we have of having a good/great starting QB.

Years of watching Cleveland Browns quarterback controversies makes me think otherwise.

• Like 1